PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Line of sight on enchanter calm

Caelor
10-29-2009, 09:51 PM
Several other enchanters have told me that they are able to cast the calm line of spells, and specifically the calm spell itself, through walls. I have also been grouped with clerics who have had the same thing targetted as I, while standing in the same spot, have been able to cast pacify on mobs that I cannot.

Anytime I do not have direct line of sight on a mob I get 'You cannot see your target' when trying to cast lull, calm or soothe. It seems to be using the same LOS rules as a DD. I am able to cast buffs through walls just fine.

So I have a 2 part question:
1. Is the calm line for enchanters supposed to have an LOS check in it.
2. If not, any ideas on what may be causing an issue for me?

Shin Noir
10-29-2009, 10:47 PM
make sure you have the proper spell file

quenyar
10-30-2009, 05:20 AM
I definately remember calm-line spells not requiring LoS in Classic. I agree with Shin, it's probably your spell file that needs updating.

Khaleel
10-30-2009, 05:22 AM
The spell file that I got when I started playing (maybe a week after server opening) works fine for Calm, however the one that I downloaded on the 27th of October from these new forums when I thought my spell file was borked when I couldn't scribe Ultravision introduced LOS issues with Calm. Switched back and now LOS is fine. Sounds like a bug in the currently available spell file.

Caelor
10-30-2009, 11:31 AM
I downloaded the most recent file again and it appears identical to the one I am already using. The filename is 100609spells_us.rar dated 10/6/2009 9:21 PM; Size 4,981,102; CRC32 6AC00E24.

Anyway you could post the file you are using Khaleel?

Khaleel
10-30-2009, 01:00 PM
I'll post a copy of my spell file when I get home. My work PC has the newer spellfile that contains the LOS bug.

Khaleel
10-31-2009, 09:50 AM
Here's a link to the spell file that doesn't give me problems with LOS on calm: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F3Z8FX9Y

Caelor
10-31-2009, 11:24 AM
Thank you Khaleel. I loaded up the file this morning and was able to cast calm without an LOS check.

guineapig
11-03-2009, 02:54 PM
I'll have to check this out when I get home.

Yeah, chanters were always able to just /assist the guy pulling the mobs in order to cast calm, pacify or whatever. I rarely saw what was going on around the corner.
I think that was one of the perks to being THE crowd control class.