PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Paineel Guards HP

Kaveth
07-31-2011, 04:32 PM
I remember players camping the guards of paineel in early years of Classic, Kunark and Velious. The guards as they stand have approximately 10,000 HP for a mob that is supposed to be level 20, I am not sure that this is accurate.

Lazortag
07-31-2011, 04:39 PM
I went to paineel on my SK on Live, I think in velious (just because I was a nub and liked exploring) and remember attacking one of the guards for a chance at some sweet bronze loot, only to find they hit for 100+ damage and had a ton of hp. Pretty sure it's accurate as it is now, but maybe it was in Luclin that this happened (though I don't remember playing much in Luclin).

Messianic
08-01-2011, 09:52 AM
I remember players camping the guards of paineel in early years of Classic, Kunark and Velious. The guards as they stand have approximately 10,000 HP for a mob that is supposed to be level 20, I am not sure that this is accurate.

...Are you referring to the guards near the noob area, i.e. when you take a left after zoning in from Toxx? Any of the guards in the actual city are campable and have normal mob parameters, and I personally have camped them on multiple characters.

The Noob area guards on live were massive undercons and hit really hard, had a ton of hp, etc...but the guards in town were normal.

Dantes
08-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Yeah the guards near the newbie garden have high HP and hit hard, the others are pushovers.

Buellen
08-10-2011, 08:38 PM
well i should have done more research before posting.

reason i misunderstood was the last ranger i ran was during velious and luclin eras.

thank you all for correting me 8)

Buellen