PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: FD - NPCs - FACTION

Zyvixious
08-25-2011, 03:06 AM
This seems to be a choosy bug, because sometimes it it happens sometimes it doesnt but this is how it works: While fighting mobs with and without dots I would cast FD once the dots wore off and stopped attacking the mob to avoid taking faction hit, but it seems at random that I would occasionally take the hit anywas. Like heres 2 different examples: i will tank a mob head to head to 5% - 10% life then FD with or without dots , the 3 - 5th mob will give me a faction hit while fd while none of the others do. And yes i triple checked the mobs with considers to check for fails and all FDs were success. Another example is where I would use only dots on the mob and fd at any point and about the same ratio 3rd or 5th mob I would still take a faction hit while being FD. As a result of this bug I have become KoS to a zone I really didnt wantto be and hoped I might be bale to get a bumb back up to what it was just before posting this report is all.

Uthgaard
08-25-2011, 09:59 AM
Assuming the source behind this is working as it did on live, you should be unable to reset the memory of a fleeing npc. If it's fleeing due to low health, no amount of FDing should remove you from its hate list, until it regains enough health to turn back around. A memory blur would succeed on live, but would depop or warp the npc home, depending which year it was.

Zyvixious
08-26-2011, 08:41 AM
No my good dev im not saying when its fleeing. say i dot it up at beginning of fight and another group member is waylaying to it . from time to time ( not every kill ) i will take faction hits on said mobs even with successful fd

Uthgaard
08-26-2011, 09:22 AM
Find me in game to show me and I'll watch what's happening with the hate list.

Zeelot
08-27-2011, 01:18 PM
If you DoT something and FD, you will receive a faction hit if the DoT finishes the mob. If something else kills the mob, like your pet or another player, then you don't get a hit. This is how it's currently working. Possibly how it was, but I'm not 100%.

Brinkman
08-29-2011, 02:01 AM
If you DoT something and FD, you will receive a faction hit if the DoT finishes the mob. If something else kills the mob, like your pet or another player, then you don't get a hit. This is how it's currently working. Possibly how it was, but I'm not 100%.

I can confirm this is how it is currently working. I need to see if EXP is given under these circumstances. If you dont get exp, and get the faction hits, thats not correct. It should be one way or the other. Exp and faction, or nothing.

Ive been FDing on green mobs to avoid faction hits while doing VS factioned dungeons ( quite classic ). So I cannot comment atm on the exp, other than if you get a faction hit, you should be getting the exp.

Also this was in Kaesora, undead do not flee.