PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Disappearing Loot

Ryvnor
03-29-2010, 05:06 AM
I have another post that links into this issue (Butcherblock Bone Chips is the post), but it seems the issue reaches beyond bone chips. I'm not sure if it's the zone or if I've been losing loot all along and just never noticed it but when I right click to auto loot something that stacks, if I have one item in my inventory the second item lists in the chat log as being looted but never makes it into my inventory.

This happens with bone chips and spider silks in Butcherblock that I've noticed since I've started watching more carefully. I'll update as I go along. It may be of interest that my current containers are four toolboxes, all of which have served their purpose without issue until tonight (March 29th, 2010). Then again, I may not have noticed the missing loot at all if my bone chips hadn't been disappearing upon looting them while trying to get a second to summon a new pet so I could get back to leveling.

===EDIT===

Add A Spider Venom Sack to the list of stackable items that disappear when looted with the right click method.

===EDIT #2===

Alright, I collected a few more stackables on my journey towards meditate and used a few different methods as far as looting the items and placing them in the bags. The right click method just makes the item disappear, every time. If you left click and drag a stackable item on top of an existing stack in your inventory, the item will at times disappear. If you left click an item and put it into a blank inventory slot, the item remains.

The main reason for this update however, is what went on when I was selling these stackables. The merchant (the female dwarf merchant, first you run into in Butcherblock when coming from Gfay) will buy your stackables, but if you used right click to loot a stackable item and it disappeared, it seems to screw up how the merchants see the stacks.

Example:

I loot giant venom sac using left click, my inventory shows one sac. I loot a second venom sac and place it into a blank inventory slot. The inventory shows two separate venom sacs. I then loot a third venom sac but use right click and the sac vanishes.

When I go to the vendor and try to sell my venom sacs, I highlight one of the sacs and the merchant makes an offer. When I go to sell the item, the merchant pays me once, but the item is still visible in inventory. When I try to sell this next sac, the following error is displayed:

"You seem to have misplaced that item.."

When you move the item in inventory, the following error message displays:

Error: Server found no item in slot (whatever slot the item was in) (-> whatever slot you were moving the item into), Deleting item!

Only, the item isn't deleted, it remains in your inventory until you destroy or attempt to drop it. If you try to drop it, the icon disappears finally and no bag is created to indicate an item was dropped.

===EDIT #3===

Just a quick update to the stacking issue. A few people seem to be reporting that upon death or logging out their stacked items disappear, leaving only one of the stacked item in their inventory even if they had multiple items in the stack. A work around I've been using for the time being is simply to keep the stacked items in separate slots in inventory, as opposed to stacking them. When you die, all of the singles will still be on the corpse.

eric82
03-29-2010, 06:02 AM
Add a peridot and several words (research items) to the aviak vendor in SK.. probably 15 plat worth of stuff gone

Finawin
03-29-2010, 06:24 AM
I've tested this and it is 100% repeatable.

If you LEFT CLICK the item and stack it manually it will look like it is okay. It is not. If you die, the stack goes back to 1.

This happens in bags and in the root inventory.

Ferok
03-29-2010, 10:01 AM
Yeah, this is real messed up.

Selling anything stackable to vendors is broken as well. When I tried to sell some low level research items to a vendor, this is the sequence of events:
I selected an item, vendor quoted me a price.
I pressed sell, no textual indication of payment received. Item appears to remain in inventory, and remains on the selling block.
I pressed sell again, received "you seem to have misplaced that item."
Relogged, sold item is missing from inventory.

Not totally sure whether or not I actually received payment, however.