PDA

View Full Version : GM events

XgrimX
09-23-2011, 05:50 AM
Would be nice if we had Uthgaard back or something so we can have GM events every now and then. Since he has been gone no GM events have been going on. Get someone who can do em =) every weekend or so would be awesome thanksla

Waffen
09-23-2011, 06:31 AM
*insert fry meme*
not sure if serious..

Ektar
09-23-2011, 08:03 AM
welcomela

Ring
09-23-2011, 08:54 AM
I think Uthgaard only started doing so many GM events once he knew there was going to be a showdown and he needed public opinion on his side. The last 4 months or so saw a drastic increase in events, whereas the year+ before that there were none.

Dentalplan
09-23-2011, 09:04 AM
I think Uthgaard only started doing so many GM events once he knew there was going to be a showdown and he needed public opinion on his side. The last 4 months or so saw a drastic increase in events, whereas the year+ before that there were none.

Or maybe some large project was finished 5 or 6 months ago that was taking up previous development time, making room for more gm events. Like an expansion or something, idk.

returnofahipster
09-23-2011, 10:39 AM
Uthgaard was the man! Truely will be missed!

Dr4z3r
09-23-2011, 10:50 AM
Or maybe some large project was finished 5 or 6 months ago that was taking up previous development time, making room for more gm events. Like an expansion or something, idk.

That seems like a pretty far-fetched explanation to me. The only big change I can remember recently is Kuna—

Ooooh, I get it!

Atmas
09-23-2011, 10:52 AM

I suspect there might be a tin foil shortage in your region.

Juugox2
09-23-2011, 11:00 AM
i still laughed my ass off at hackanon and the zerglings they came at the end lollol

Shiftin
09-23-2011, 11:23 AM
An extremely limited staff splitting time between twice as many servers = less attention for both.

The hole was released without its classic GM event or classic Artifact given away despite Hobby already having written most / all of the event scripted and ready to go.

VP still isn't open almost 6 months after kunark was released, which is both non-classic and silly as a large chunk of weapon drops from VP become worthless when epics are released. It's been a couple weeks since the weird "the raid guilds don't deserve more content at this time", which was the reasoning given 2 months after Uthgaard said VP was done. They gave us more ultimatums, which we met, then they rejected, and then stopped responding to either guild on the situation. At this point, who knows if the zone is even done. Petitions which require rogean or nilbog seem to be taking quite a while too as we're still waiting on loot back that Rogean took erroneously from one of our members in fear.

There haven't been GM events since uthgaard left, which affects a big chunk of the playerbase, but uthgaard was the only senior GM who had both the tools and the inclination to do that sort of stuff. I don't think Amelinda, Bort, etc. have the access to be able to do that type of thing.

It sucks for those of us who don't care about PvP, but the servers are their sandboxes that they develop for free for us. They found a different part of their sandbox which is more fun for them to build castles in right now, so they're spending their very limited recess time over there instead. Luckily, there are lots of other awesome sandboxes opening up as we get closer to the holidays.

Ektar
09-23-2011, 11:49 AM
hackanon was terrible. standing still with auto attack on for 15 minutes with a mob that was no issue for healers/tank, then a little lol of zerglings at the end.

may as well have had us stand around for 15 minutes, told a knock-knock joke, then given out artifact loot that no one deserved.

at least that next one with the magic-type wisps had some depth to it. Even though it excluded all melee classes and some caster classes :P

Doors
09-23-2011, 12:04 PM
Uthgaard once threw a GM event for people 25 or lower. TR showed up trying to ninja loot rotting gear because he made it that good for the lowbies.

Was fun.

Ektar
09-23-2011, 12:17 PM
ok let's clear that up. He never said 26+ couldn't loot. There was a piece of armor, which I announced multiple times as rotting and updated on its timer and gave the loc, which was an upgrade for me. At 10 seconds, I looted it.

Without notifying anyone we weren't allowed to loot, uth treated us like scumbags trying to cheat the system.

edit~ and I also destroyed it when amelinda told me I wasn't allowed to have it. ninja looting is an incorrect term.

Felwithemagi
09-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Sounds like ninja looting but whatever. I haven't had the chance to participate in a GM event but I could do without the spamming of broadcasts while they are going on if I choose to do something else.

Aadill
09-23-2011, 01:37 PM
I like the kind of GM events where they are are just.. happened upon. Broadcasts do kinda ruin that unless they are particularly trying to stress test something. Roaming GM controlled NPCs that set forth a pre-built scripted quest or even an opened ended quest that just add some extra spice to a zone. Whether or not there is loot shouldn't even be a concern.. it just allows the world to be more real and spontaneous.

Amelinda
09-23-2011, 01:50 PM
i may start doing some guide events once a month or something ... after my plate is no longer so full i can't carry it :P.

Kruel
09-23-2011, 02:07 PM
would be cool to take all the dragons - Gore/trak/sev/tal/nag/vox and spawn them in random zones one week. So you kinda couldnt track other then go from zone to zone looking.

Aadill
09-23-2011, 02:13 PM
eh, too valuable imo. not only that but it doesn't follow some of the lore in the game.

making loot pinatas is not the same as making GM events

Kruel
09-23-2011, 02:17 PM
Would be awesome to be in oasis and someone shouts, "holy shit faydedar to docks!"

Juugox2
09-23-2011, 02:57 PM
lol i remember back on live days when ppl would say specs to docks all the time lol or train them on the coast

Goobles
09-23-2011, 03:00 PM

What good does public opinion do in a dictatorship?

Anger
09-23-2011, 03:02 PM
Uthgaard.

Never forget.

XgrimX
10-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Eh oh well. I agree with everything Shiftin said btw. Looks like its Diablo 3 and Everquest NEXT baby!
I can't imagine anything picking up so close to the holidays- We'll see

Tarnot
10-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Uthgaard.

Never forget.

Pepperidge Farm remembers

Bubbles
10-12-2011, 02:50 PM
Would be awesome to be in oasis and someone shouts, "holy shit faydedar to docks!"

lol /agree.

Silentone
10-12-2011, 03:53 PM
EVEQUEST NEXT IS SOON?

Dark Knight
10-15-2011, 10:41 PM
Peeps want illusions clearly

Maze513
10-16-2011, 10:54 AM
lol so the list as it stands we demand:
GM Events
VP
Epics
PvP Server
oh and Wipe it Clean.....

This is our list of demands and we will continue to waste time and space until are demands are met =p

Vondra
10-16-2011, 06:32 PM
would be cool to take all the dragons - Gore/trak/sev/tal/nag/vox and spawn them in random zones one week. So you kinda couldnt track other then go from zone to zone looking.

I suggested this half jokingly quite a while back as a solution to poopsocking, it'd be effective for getting more people involved and also would make for great comedy.

"Can someone come kill Nagafen at orc 1 plz"

"Need help with Vox at scryer"

"HAGS AND TRAK TO ZONE!"