Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 05:50 AM
Kobold

Default GM events

Would be nice if we had Uthgaard back or something so we can have GM events every now and then. Since he has been gone no GM events have been going on. Get someone who can do em =) every weekend or so would be awesome thanksla
Old 09-23-2011, 06:31 AM
Aviak

*insert fry meme*
not sure if serious..
Old 09-23-2011, 08:03 AM
Planar Protector

welcomela
Old 09-23-2011, 08:54 AM
Aviak

I think Uthgaard only started doing so many GM events once he knew there was going to be a showdown and he needed public opinion on his side. The last 4 months or so saw a drastic increase in events, whereas the year+ before that there were none.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:04 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think Uthgaard only started doing so many GM events once he knew there was going to be a showdown and he needed public opinion on his side. The last 4 months or so saw a drastic increase in events, whereas the year+ before that there were none.
Or maybe some large project was finished 5 or 6 months ago that was taking up previous development time, making room for more gm events. Like an expansion or something, idk.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:39 AM
Kobold

Uthgaard was the man! Truely will be missed!
Old 09-23-2011, 10:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dentalplan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or maybe some large project was finished 5 or 6 months ago that was taking up previous development time, making room for more gm events. Like an expansion or something, idk.
That seems like a pretty far-fetched explanation to me. The only big change I can remember recently is Kuna—

Ooooh, I get it!
Old 09-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suspect there might be a tin foil shortage in your region.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:00 AM
Sarnak

i still laughed my ass off at hackanon and the zerglings they came at the end lollol
Old 09-23-2011, 11:23 AM
Fire Giant

An extremely limited staff splitting time between twice as many servers = less attention for both.

The hole was released without its classic GM event or classic Artifact given away despite Hobby already having written most / all of the event scripted and ready to go.

VP still isn't open almost 6 months after kunark was released, which is both non-classic and silly as a large chunk of weapon drops from VP become worthless when epics are released. It's been a couple weeks since the weird "the raid guilds don't deserve more content at this time", which was the reasoning given 2 months after Uthgaard said VP was done. They gave us more ultimatums, which we met, then they rejected, and then stopped responding to either guild on the situation. At this point, who knows if the zone is even done. Petitions which require rogean or nilbog seem to be taking quite a while too as we're still waiting on loot back that Rogean took erroneously from one of our members in fear.

There haven't been GM events since uthgaard left, which affects a big chunk of the playerbase, but uthgaard was the only senior GM who had both the tools and the inclination to do that sort of stuff. I don't think Amelinda, Bort, etc. have the access to be able to do that type of thing.

It sucks for those of us who don't care about PvP, but the servers are their sandboxes that they develop for free for us. They found a different part of their sandbox which is more fun for them to build castles in right now, so they're spending their very limited recess time over there instead. Luckily, there are lots of other awesome sandboxes opening up as we get closer to the holidays.
Closed Thread