PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Ducking while playing bard aoe songs

Mystro
09-23-2011, 06:29 AM
I had this happen numerious times which ended up in deaths.. I would be "aoe" kiting mobs in circles and all of a sudden my character will duck or "crouch" During my circle rotations (I never hit "c", just random). There is no objects, cliffs, hills, etc in sight, he will just randomly duck, and anyone who aoe kites will know your basically dead if this happens.

The following zones are where I was during this time: City Of Mist, Overthere, Dreadlands, Timerious Deep.

Thanks,

Pudge
09-24-2011, 01:12 PM
just to be safe, try turning off auto-duck in your general options (where you can click show/hide helm, show/hide target ring, change font type, etc. it's one of the buttons on the left)

Llabak
02-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Just wanted to post to say that this is still happening, though I'm going to follow Pudge's suggestion and hope it works. It's happens at least once a day on me, sometimes more.

mreynert
02-16-2012, 02:53 PM
I have never once in my life had this ever happen to me.

DevGrousis
09-07-2015, 02:17 PM
This has happened to me a handful of times now in the past few weeks. Have you gotten any response to it? I searched the forums for a fix and this is the only thread i've seen, so I ended sent /tells to a bunch of random bards, and about half of them (couldn't have sent messages to more than 10, but still) have said its happened to them before also.

I'm curious, what type of kiting are you doing? Are you strafing using W and Q keys held down while you manipulate the size of your circle with the mouse?

And what zone are doing this in? I've only had it happen to me in OT (though this is where i've done the majority of my kiting.

Jimjam
09-07-2015, 02:22 PM
check what keys you have bound to duck. Chances are you have x as duck and you are hitting it accidently while trying to press something else.

DevGrousis
09-07-2015, 02:26 PM
And FYI I have disabled the auto-duck feature.

But I'm still curious as to what exactly in an open field is making my character duck