PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Bard + Enchanter Mez

Sadiki
10-10-2011, 07:46 PM
There seems to be an issue with having a bard and enchanter mez mobs at the same time. I'm not sure if it only applies to this particular mez as it's all me and my friend have access to right now.

Bard: Kelin's Lucid Lullaby - lvl 15
Enchanter: Mesmerize - lvl 4

Whenever ANY of the mezzes wear off, they both break. However, there's also a further issue -

1. Enchanter mezzes mob
2. Bard mezzes mob
3. Bard mez wears off
4. The mob is unmezzed, however the enchanter cannot re-mez the mob because his debuff is on it.

Lazortag
10-10-2011, 09:20 PM
Whenever ANY of the mezzes wear off, they both break. However, there's also a further issue -

1. Enchanter mezzes mob
2. Bard mezzes mob
3. Bard mez wears off
4. The mob is unmezzed, however the enchanter cannot re-mez the mob because his debuff is on it.

I've definitely broken a lot of enchanter mezzes but as far as I know, this last bug you describe doesn't exist. Are you sure it's happening the way you say it is (do you get a "your spell didn't take hold" message?) Maybe it's just with Kelin's Lucid Lullaby, I wouldn't know since that spell was only made into a pbae when I was already level 50.

Sadiki
10-10-2011, 11:29 PM
as far as I know, this last bug you describe doesn't exist.
Not sure how to respond to this, I'm posting it because we confirmed it several times. I would imagine it doesn't happen with our other mezzes, but I'm not high level enough to confirm.

I don't know exactly what message he was getting, but I believe it said something. If it's really important, I'll ask him.

iruinedyourday
05-02-2014, 01:56 AM
I am noticing something like this as well, but havent tested for sure.. using KLL.

Daldaen
05-02-2014, 07:51 AM
When bard mez ends, the mob becomes unmezzed even if enchanter mez is on.

This is classic. It was like this until LoY/GoD when they added the mez break message text I believe. Was certainly like this through PoP.

The mob being unmezzable after isn't classic as far as I'm aware...

iruinedyourday
05-02-2014, 01:23 PM
When bard mez ends, the mob becomes unmezzed even if enchanter mez is on.

This is classic. It was like this until LoY/GoD when they added the mez break message text I believe. Was certainly like this through PoP.

The mob being unmezzable after isn't classic as far as I'm aware...

cool, question though. Does Enchanter mez overwrite Bard mez? So if there's a big pull, and I mez it with 1 tick of my song right when it arrives, then switch to something else.

Would that give the Ench 6 extra seconds to mez the pulls?

Daldaen
05-02-2014, 02:30 PM
You have to allow bard mez to expire before enchanter mezzes can be cast. If you don't and they cast on your mez... It will stick but then when your mez ends theirs does as well.

iruinedyourday
05-02-2014, 02:41 PM
You have to allow bard mez to expire before enchanter mezzes can be cast. If you don't and they cast on your mez... It will stick but then when your mez ends theirs does as well.

So moral of story is bard/ench.. bard does not ever cast mez in this group situation?

falkun
05-02-2014, 04:09 PM
Bard mez always overwrites enchanter mez. The low level bard mez (Kelins - the PBAOE) is a 1-tic (6second) mez. If you're enchanter mezzes, then the bard mezzes, when the tic fires off the mob will be un-mezzed. Then the enchanter can mez as long as the bard does not remez.

Everything besides #4 (enc being unable to remez) is "working as intended."

As for who should CC, the enc and bard should come to a consensus. Generally in my groups I'll handle CC outside the camp (pulling) and let the enc handle CC at camp, but to each their own.

Yonkec
05-02-2014, 09:02 PM
Bard mez always overwrites enchanter mez. The low level bard mez (Kelins - the PBAOE) is a 1-tic (6second) mez. If you're enchanter mezzes, then the bard mezzes, when the tic fires off the mob will be un-mezzed. Then the enchanter can mez as long as the bard does not remez.

Everything besides #4 (enc being unable to remez) is "working as intended."

As for who should CC, the enc and bard should come to a consensus. Generally in my groups I'll handle CC outside the camp (pulling) and let the enc handle CC at camp, but to each their own.

Yeah, this. /thread

It sucks, but that is how it is. Unless something has broken recently I have never had issue remezzing something after a bard screws with it. What exactly is a mez debuff anyway? If a mob is attacking/moving it should have nothing relating to mez remaining in a buff slot. Perhaps try this on some greens with your bard and get back with some fraps'd evidence if that is actually happening?