PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: OOT - Boat and Water not classic

Arillious
10-20-2011, 10:25 AM
The water in OOT is some new light green color. Classic was dark blue.. look at freeport's water.. it is correct. Also see screen shot.

The boat is not using the classic model, see screenshot below. You could also target the boat in classic, you can't here. Boat in freeport parks side to side with the dock, it should park perpendicular.

When on the boat... you have some levitate buff... this is not classic.

As other's have mentioned, the boat seems to be going in the total opposite route as it did in classic.

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/1211/229842-everquest_01_super.jpg

pickled_heretic
10-20-2011, 11:11 AM
the boat during live would always move from east to west through the zone whether returning from or heading to faydwer. this was essentially a bug. i honestly didn't even know the human inn on the way from freeport to butcherblock existed until i took the boat on p99 because the bugged boat on live always took the route that went by sister isle. i have no idea when or if this was ever fixed.

Mardur
10-20-2011, 11:15 AM
During a Directx update the original boat model got fucked up (lost collision, couldn't board it). This is why EQ Live went to Translocators. P99 used Translocators as well until they found a boat model that worked. The boat model we use here is the best we can do.

This boat model wasn't perfect however, and many areas of it didn't have proper collision detection (you can run straight through most of the walls). There's areas of the boat you can fall through, so the levitate buff was added while you're on the boat so GMs didn't have to deal with petitions of people who fell through the boat in the middle of OoT.

Water... idk. The other stuff has been brought up in previous threads

maximum
10-20-2011, 11:50 AM
Search the forums for "boat model".
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14310&highlight=boat+model

Arillious
10-20-2011, 11:54 AM
the boat during live would always move from east to west through the zone whether returning from or heading to faydwer. this was essentially a bug. i honestly didn't even know the human inn on the way from freeport to butcherblock existed until i took the boat on p99 because the bugged boat on live always took the route that went by sister isle. i have no idea when or if this was ever fixed.

This is the way it worked on classic for a LONG time. Whether or not it was technically a bug or not, we should make it go the classic route unless its difficult to do(Lot of more important stuff out there to work on)