PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Losing Stacked items

Striiker
04-03-2010, 12:09 PM
I am sure that this is known but wanted to post it anyway.
If I loot anything which can be stacked, I lose all of my current stacked items in my inventory. This happened with Gnoll Teeth (which REALLY sucks!) and bone chips (sucks again because I had to run off hunting skeletons instead of grouping).
This problem extends to selling stacked items to merchants. Generally, a single item remains in inventory which can't be sold. The ghost item needs to be destroyed. Also, if you attempt to sell the ghost item, you can't click on anything such as selling or to open a mechant window again. The solution to this (oddly enough) is to jump which then allows one to right click on the merchant.
This is a serious bug, particularly for the new people joining the server who don't know what's happening and also for those of us who, out of habit right click on items to loot (thus losing the current stack of items in inventory).
Any estimate for when this can be fixed? Thanks!!

Caere
04-03-2010, 05:45 PM
I didn't know about the jumping to fix it, i had been camping or zoning to somewhere to fix it.

Just make sure you left click to loot everything that stacks.

jaileint
04-03-2010, 05:55 PM
This is how I can replicate this bug. If you have a bone chip (single one) in your inventory. Then, loot another off a corpse via right clicking (so that it automatically goes to inventory). The auto-inventoried chip will dissappear. It won't be added to the first one nor will it be added to an empty slot, it just is gone. This happens with all stackable items that I have seen.

Falisaty
04-03-2010, 05:57 PM
ok to replicate it i can tell you how to replicate the issue

sitting in SK camping lord grimm killin skellys we are looting the bone chips which are stack-able yet they are not stacking when we use right click to loot the item from corpse.

however if you left click the item off the corpse so that it is now placed on your courser then drop it into your inventory that will allow the items to stack.

i believe the problem lies in the way items are looted and stacked when right clicking the item directly into the inventory.

hope this helps

Lumpus
04-03-2010, 05:58 PM
In addition, if you then go to a vendor and sell the stack of one item, the item does not disappear from your inventory. If you attempt to sell it again, you get stuck at the vendor and can't do anything (except jump apparently, which i just read about).

If instead of trying to sell the item a second time, you drop it on the ground instead you get an error indicating that the item couldn't be located in a particular bag slot, and it then poofs from your inventory.

Striiker
04-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Here is my more detailed description..
Looting Stackable Items
- Be in possession of stacked items (let's say a stack of 15 bone chips)
- Kill something which drops bone chips
- Loot the mob and grab the bone chips by RIGHT Clicking (which places the item into inventory, adding to the existing stack)
- Examine inventory.. Bone chip stack will not show 16 bone chips.. it will show 1
<Note> I believe this happens when stacked items are in a bag and also when in a primary inventory slot.
- The only way to avoid this is to LEFT click to loot and place it into the existing stack in your inventory.

Selling Stacked Items
- Be in possession of a stack of items (let's say a stack of 15 bone chips)
- Visit a vendor (I did this with Sneed Galliway in North Qeynos)
- Click on the stack of bone chips to sell
- Click on the sell button
- Inventory shows a single item of the stack is left in inventory.
- Click it to sell
-Click on the sell button and receive a message from the NPC (something like whoa slow down.. One item at a time! -or- You seem to have misplaced that item)
- Exit the vendor screen and try to right click him to sell again. You can't. In fact, you can no longer click on anything..
<Solution to this state of being stuck.. Jump>
- Only way to remove the ghost item is to destroy it

HedleyKow
04-03-2010, 06:03 PM
When you right click to loot a stackable item it gets bugged, even if you don't have any of that item already. If you have none of them, the stack stays at 1 even if you loot more of them, and when you try to sell to a merchant they give you money but the item stays in your inventory and if you try to sell it again you get bugged and can't do much of anything (open doors, scribe spells, sell other items, move items, etc) and have to zone or log out to fix it.

Also, there is a similar bug which happens seemingly randomly when one tries to sell stackable items(even those which don't involve the above bug). It happens rather frequently. They will give you money but the item will stay in your inventory and you'll get bugged just like the other bug and have to zone or log out to fix it.

To avoid this you have to left click stackable items to loot them and then click on your class picture thingy to put them in inventory (or manually put them in your inventory) and if any items stay in your inventory after you've sold them you have to drop/delete them.

The first bug is easily avoided or replicated, but the second doesn't seem to have a pattern to it that I can tell.

laeolan
04-03-2010, 06:36 PM
I am going to attempt to explain what I have noticed this last week concerning the issue with stackable items.

Foraged items, tradeskills combines and "stocked" vendor inventory all stack normally. However, this bug has happened to every single stackable item I have looted since the last patch. It is not limited to a particular type of item. If it stacks, and is dropped from a mob, it gets bugged in the following way:

1) Right Click Looting: If you right click an item to loot it automatically, the first one appears normal. Any subsequent identical loot right clicked from a corpse will poof. Right click to loot bone chips from 100 skeleton corpses and you will end up with only 1.

2) Left Click Looting: If you left click an item and then place it in a bag manually, the first appears normal. Any subsequent identical loot placed manually on the stack will appear to be adding up normally. Yet, when you zone or log, that stack will become 1 of the item. Left click and manually stack bone chips from 100 skeletons, and when you zone each stack of 20 will become a stack of 1.

3) Selling Loot: If you try to sell any of this looted stuff to a vendor it will only give you money for 1 of the stack. The vendor's text will be blank where the amount of money usually appears but the money will be added to your inventory. It will also leave a ghost of the item behind in your inventory, which will need to be destroyed.

4) Buying Loot: The vendor's inventory will appear to have an infinite quantity of this bugged loot, however, they will run out after selling only 1. The item you are trying to buy will poof if you already have one in your inventory, just as if you had looted it from a mob. Stackable vendor items that are "stocked" as part of default inventory act normally. So food, water, bandages, etc are all un-bugged. It is only stackable mob loot sold to a vendor by a player that is bugged.

The only way around this that I have found is to put each stackable item in its own inventory slot. Keeping each separate is the only way I have kept loot from poofing. I have tried dropping it on the ground and picking it up, and it poofs if stacked. I have tried trading it to other people, and again it poofs if allowed to stack. It seems like the act of looting it creates the bug somehow.

It may also help to note that these bugged items can be processed normally for tradeskills, and the resulting item can then be stacked normally. So looting spider silks would poof them if they are stacked, but you can turn them into silk swatches which will stack normally. This is as clear as I could explain, I hope this helps.

Classicranger
04-29-2011, 04:15 PM
I am also losing bone chips on my Necro when right click looting. Also, I am getting a missing required: bone chips upon first log on during pet summon even if I have one in my inventory. As soon as I kill a skeleton and loot (another) one, it will allow me to summon.