PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: The Hole - List of issues

Shiftin
11-07-2011, 02:13 AM
- Slizik the Mighty. This mob is not spawning in the jail where he should. He has entries on alla dating back to 2001 http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=11791 and comments on the idol of the underking from 2000 http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2307 indicating it dropped from the "jail area", presumably from slizik. Confirmed with amelinda that there are no encounter logs for slizik and 2 long camps of jail show him not spawning.

- Zoning in from the top. Two patches ago, you would be able to aim where in the hole you landed based on where you fell in from the top. This allowed you to aim yourself to land in the water pools and progressively drop from pool to pool. Now, you always spawn in the hole at the same location, and drop straight down in the middle of the pit. When you die, your body gets Z axis bugged. This happenned twice tonight where people jumping in had to get their corpses summoned by a guide because the corpses warped to above the zone in on the Z axis rather than land at the bottom of the pit.

- Imbued Granite Spauldors. These don't seem to drop off anything anymore, at least with the frequency they should. I've spent almost every night for two weeks in here on my mage or rogue. I've done the entrance area for 30ish hours, the undead area near yael for 25 hours and the ratmen for 9 hours. Zero IGS. Additionally, a couple other people who regularly hunt the pit and zone in area do not report having seen any since the patch before yesterday's.
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1069 IGS should be dropping off any mob in the zone. The only mob i've heard of them dropping off since the hole loot changes was a golem near yael. They were definitely too common before that patch, but they are WAY too rare now.

quido
11-07-2011, 02:37 AM
I have fought Slizik the Mighty where indicated on EQAtlas - he dropped me the Idol of the Underking.

Shiftin
11-07-2011, 03:06 AM
When was that?

quido
11-07-2011, 03:17 AM
Probably 6 weeks ago. I did have a hell of a time getting him to spawn - enough that I thought his spawn was broken for a while.

Shiftin
11-07-2011, 03:22 AM
it may be that he's so rare that encounter log has expired and he hasn't spawned since? Maybe i misspelled it to amelinda. Either way, the guy is crazy rare.

Szeth
11-07-2011, 07:12 AM
IGS only drop of golems I thought>

Shiftin
11-07-2011, 11:32 AM
IGS only drop of golems I thought>

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=1069

I, too, got my Imbued Granite Shoulders off of a random Golem, very near the entrance.
This fine piece of armor dropped off a ratman last night in The Hole.
I lost the roll on a set of these last night, dropped off a rat warrior.
I dont think its ultra rare since we got a few of then yesterday.
You are right. They do drop off of Ratmen & they also drop off of Ghosts.
I have seen these drop off of elementals, golems, fiends, and ratmen.
yes also drops off the revenants.

Xanthias
11-11-2011, 06:51 PM
When I was on live I could solo the entrance to the hole as a ranger because the mobs would not social aggro as they are now.
At most only the one directly across would come causing me to root.
Last night noticed several mobs would come at once when we tried pulling singles.

Galanteer
11-11-2011, 06:54 PM
When I was on live I could solo the entrance to the hole as a ranger because the mobs would not social aggro as they are now.
At most only the one directly across would come causing me to root.
Last night noticed several mobs would come at once when we tried pulling singles.

what level are you? on live you needed to be 52 to single pull (without tricks) the entrance.

Xanthias
11-11-2011, 09:44 PM
what level are you? on live you needed to be 52 to single pull (without tricks) the entrance.

Level 56

Shiftin
11-11-2011, 10:23 PM
Level 56

At 53 my mage cannot single the entrance either.

maximum
04-11-2013, 01:47 AM
Bumping for IGS rarity bug.

Kiwaukee
06-02-2013, 07:52 AM
Bumping for social aggro at entrance being off. Once you were high enough level on live, you could single pull them as long as you stayed out of line of sight of the one opposite the one you were trying to pull. The only way you ever got multiples was if you had one run at low health and get close enough to the next pairing.

Source
(http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=4623)

This camp is easily single pulled, if you're careful (there's a trick to it, see below) and a single add can be handled by you and your lvl 49 pet (Invoke Death).

The trick to the single pulls is that it takes a bout a tick for these guys to aggro - and adds will only jump in if they see one of their comrades being attacked AND the attacker is in line-of-sight. So you have a couple seconds after your pulling spell lands to get out of the hallway entrance and out of their line of sight - your prey will obligingly come to you and pet and not bring any friends.

I didn't start camping here until lvl 51, but I'm using all level 49 or lower spells so I think it's in the realm of possibility at 49 - but you might just have to try it and see - your mileage may vary.

This post is from 2003, but I'm 100% certain that the hole was always like this.

maximum
04-26-2019, 08:45 AM
Bump for Rygar. Any of this bug report still valid?

Nirgon
04-26-2019, 11:03 AM
Bumping for social aggro at entrance being off. Once you were high enough level on live, you could single pull them as long as you stayed out of line of sight of the one opposite the one you were trying to pull. The only way you ever got multiples was if you had one run at low health and get close enough to the next pairing.

Source
(http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=4623)

This post is from 2003, but I'm 100% certain that the hole was always like this.

This solo pull stuff was also true 57/58+ in Seb entrance down to bug 3 spawn

Yer lookin at the evidence