PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Necromancer: Lich / CoB and HP regeneration

Hakurou
11-07-2011, 06:37 AM
Since yesterday I noticed that Lich and Call of Bones are drawing more HPs than before, there was no change to the spell files so it might be related to the last patch? If other Necromancers could check if they have similar issues (not just Iksar and of different levels) that may help to narrow this problem down.

I play as a 56 Iksar Necro and HP regeneration is fine without Lich (standing 10, sitting 16).

TLDR see table below:
Lich should draw 22 HPs per tick, currently with Lich on I'm losing 15 HPs standing and 9 HPs sitting, it should be -12 standing and -6 sitting. Before the last patch it actually was -11 standing and -5 sitting. That's a difference of 3 HPs to what it should be and 4 HPs to what it was before, it's pretty noticeable if you suddenly lose nearly twice as many HPs as you're used to.

Call of Bones should draw 11 HPs per tick, with CoB on I lose 2 HPs standing and regenerate 4 HPs sitting. Here the difference in HP regeneration is -1 to what it should be and before the patch I was standing with CoB losing no HPs at all.

Level 56 Iksar HP regeneration: 10 standing, 16 sitting.

Call of Bones -11 HPs

CoB with level 56 Iksar HP regen:
current | was | should be
Standing: -2 | 0 | -1
Sitting: +4 | +6? | +5

Lich with level 56 Iksar HP regen:
current | was | should be
Standing: -15 | ? | -12
Sitting: - 9 | -5 | - 6

So prior to this issue the regen rates were +1 HP in favor of the player but otherwise correct, now they are different for each spell which leads me to believe it's a server side issue. Thanks for your time and hopefully it'll be an easy fix.

Palemoon
11-07-2011, 09:21 AM
Sounds like an aftereffect of increasing the pvp damage cap from 66 to 80 percent? Be happy lich is not taking off the full 100 percent amount it should :)

Brinkman
11-07-2011, 11:16 AM
I am so very disapointed that changes made exclusively for the red99 server are affecting p99.

I understand that lich should be doing more damage, heck I dont even know when the 66% pvp cap ( and its unintended effects on lich ) was put in place.

I always thought it was this patch which introduced it

------------------------------
September 13, 1999
------------------------------

PVP Changes:
- In order to make PVP combat between spellcasters and melee types more
viable some changes to PVP spell effects have been made. All damage
spells cast in PVP combat will do less damage to the PC than the same
spell would do to an NPC.

It was like that for a very long time. And its classic ( assuming this patch introduced the 66% reduction )

Do whatever you want to red99 to " balance" your "custom classic" pvp server. But please understand that it affects the balance on your first, and most popular server.