PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Al'Kabor line does not hit unlimited targets

Nirgon
11-27-2011, 01:07 AM
These spells should definitely be hitting infinite targets and currently only hit 4.

http://www.ratajik.net/eq/members/VorRata/spells.htm
"AE Spell, does around 180 to everything it hits."

Lazortag
11-27-2011, 01:15 AM
These spells should definitely be hitting infinite targets and currently only hit 4.

http://www.ratajik.net/eq/members/VorRata/spells.htm
"AE Spell, does around 180 to everything it hits."

...Saying that it does a certain amount of damage to "everything it hits" doesn't mean it hits more than 4. Ice Comet does 1100 damage to "everything it hits" also, it's just that it only hits 1 mob.

Source:

http://crys.org/everquest/spells/wizardspells.asp?minrank=25&maxrank=49

Magic based area effect (target)

As opposed to:

Fire based area effect (caster)

In the case of a real pbae (Supernova)

Nirgon
11-27-2011, 02:13 AM
Al'Kabor is obviously not a direct damage line of spells either which is far beyond any point to be trolled. Next pls.

Miller
11-27-2011, 03:37 AM
the A'Kabor line of AE spells never hit more than 4 targets, just like the druid AE's that's why they call it "quad" kiting, you get 4 mobs because that's the max targeted AE's will hit...

Now PBAE's are a different story, those will hit unlimited targets

Bushido
11-27-2011, 03:44 AM
if i'm not mistaken al'kabor maxes out at 5 targets, why the higher mana cost compared to the other ae spells, excluding pbae's and rains.

Palemoon
11-27-2011, 10:55 AM
if i'm not mistaken al'kabor maxes out at 5 targets, why the higher mana cost compared to the other ae spells, excluding pbae's and rains.

Yep that is my understanding too, that line hits 5 targets max.

Rais
11-27-2011, 01:33 PM
The reason for the higher mana usage is because there was a stun and push back to the spells. Wizards wouldn't use this spell line due to the amount of mana and stunning of the targets during quadding. Even SoE had a running joke at how bad the spell line sucked due to the mana usage.

It also only hit 4 targets. If you were within range of your target, it will hit you and 3 mobs. It's the one aoe line outside Rains that did this. It's another reason why no one ever used the spell line.

Palemoon
11-27-2011, 01:41 PM
from comments on allakazam:

RE: hhhmm

QuoteReply
#Apr 14 2003 at 1:37 AMRating: Decent

Drazlon

7 posts

Did you try the spell out or sell? I played around a little with Wrath of Al'Kabor and it could hit 5. Thought that was the reason why the Al'Kabor line had such bad ratios.

▲ Page top

RE: hhhmm

QuoteReply
#May 06 2003 at 2:35 AMRating: Decent

Drazlon

7 posts

Trie it out on the large raptor island in TD. Pulled the whole island and snared off the 8 into 2 groups and brought them back together pretty easily. Spell would only hit 5 at a time with all 8 together. Hope this helps some of ya, I'm still hopin to find a way to actually use it effectively, since even hittin 5 mobs at once is too expensive.

Also talking to wizards on al'kabor server (eqmac) they've always said it hits five targets, but still rarely worth useing, only when "you need to keep 5 targets down" to quote a lvl 65 wiz guildie there of mine.