PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Heal did not take hold

doraf
11-09-2009, 01:14 PM
I frequently get a message that, "the spell did not take hold" when casting a heal and the mana is spent.

Pyrocat
11-09-2009, 01:28 PM
You were probably targeting a mob.

entilza
11-09-2009, 01:29 PM
I haven't seen this yet, lots of healing, but I will watch for it.

doraf
11-09-2009, 01:47 PM
You were probably targeting a mob.

I thought that the first couple times, but if I hit my heal again then it works. I'm thinking it due to lag. Although the client is registering that a certain PC is targeted, the server is still thinks I have the NPC targeted.

jendor
11-10-2009, 03:00 AM
I thought that the first couple times, but if I hit my heal again then it works. I'm thinking it due to lag. Although the client is registering that a certain PC is targeted, the server is still thinks I have the NPC targeted.

Yeah, this happens when I /assist the mob to do ds often times.

doraf
11-10-2009, 04:57 AM
As a cleric I am always assist off the mob which is when I get the did not take hold message.

I also do not remember mana being spent when you got this message on live.

Falisaty
11-10-2009, 08:26 PM
i get the msg when im nuking a mob and it dies b4 the nuke goes off and i canf stop it. Also mana is spent on nuke landing on dead mob with msg.

Insidious
11-10-2009, 08:34 PM
i get the msg when im nuking a mob and it dies b4 the nuke goes off and i canf stop it. Also mana is spent on nuke landing on dead mob with msg.

This is classic

entilza
01-27-2010, 11:28 AM
Bump! OK, I am now getting this "Heal did not take hold" message. Getting a bit more scarier at the higher levels...

So far only a couple times now but more recently, this looks to be a hard issue to debug but my friend and I seem to have found a commonality:

So far it's happend a couple times when fighting a 'Shaman' type mob, and when a dot is on my tank. Tank is also a monk if that changes anything. So far it's been the poison dot. Haven't fought many dot casting mobs so it might be more evident sooner.

If others have experienced this, please post the situation to help solve this bug.