PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Greater Faydark mundane drop rates

Weekapaug
05-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Just a heads up...I've noticed after levelling a couple of characters in the Greater Faydark / Butcherblock newbie areas that mundane loot, spiderling silks and bone chips in particular, appear to be a lot more rarer than they ought to be.

I also have noticed a disctinct lack of bag and backpack drops. Usually one can expect at least a bag or two and possibly a backpack more rarely, from skellies and especially goblins, but I didnt see any.

I asked people in shout if they had noticed the same thing and several had, for whatever it's worth.

Thanks!

doacleric
05-17-2010, 08:09 PM
None of this loot has changed to my knowledge. I leveled a character in that general vicinity not too long ago, and there were plenty of bag drops. It might just be a bad stroke of luck.

Weekapaug
05-18-2010, 11:02 AM
None of this loot has changed to my knowledge. I leveled a character in that general vicinity not too long ago, and there were plenty of bag drops. It might just be a bad stroke of luck.

Thats what I thought too, but I've personally levelled 2 toons thru the earlier levels there, and my GF has done two of her own.

It's anecdotal, of course, but I've never seen GFay newbie mobs drop less than I have on this server. Mobs in BB drop bonechips and silks hand over fist in comparison as well as cloth armor.....We did the comparison. Our first day she got maybe a stack of bonechips in G Fay in the same amount of time I got 3-4 stacks in BB. Of course there are more skellys there, but on a mob to mob basis, lots more just don't drop chips it seems.

Yesterday I was working on the spidering silk quest from the bard guild for the drum. I killed probably a dozen or two spiderlings....She even got on her druid and killed about the same. I got none. Went to BB and got the 4 silks I needed in 3 kills. She got one while I was on my way back.

I could be totally wrong....I don't have access to the data behind all of this.....Just wanted to give you guys a heads up that something could be off in the drop rates, is all.

Pomaikai
10-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Orc pawn hatchets are for the most part non-existant. I've seen one going from L1-L10. One. You used to see at least 1-4 per grouping session, but 1 in 10 levels? That's not bad luck, that's a problem with the loot table.

nilbog
10-02-2011, 11:20 AM
Orc pawn hatchets are for the most part non-existant. I've seen one going from L1-L10. One. You used to see at least 1-4 per grouping session, but 1 in 10 levels? That's not bad luck, that's a problem with the loot table.

http://eq.magelo.com/npc/2630 lists the hatchets from orc pawns at 9% based on 2058 lootings. That is what they are set at here as well.

They are 100% from orc hatchetmen.

So, it's not a problem with the loottable, IMO.