PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: epic items dropping from raid mobs

Nizzarr
09-18-2012, 10:50 AM
We've been getting trak guts, pulsing stones from kunark raid mobs.

not sure if that should be in yet.

diplo
09-18-2012, 11:22 AM
save those guts...they are supposed to be uber rare!

Ambrotos
09-18-2012, 11:33 AM
I'm guessing they will be removed from people who looted them. I report this before the first Trak kill and Sirken removed the guts off of him. So I'm guessing that's what will happen.

Nirgon
09-18-2012, 11:59 AM
Another + for Nizz.

Rogean
09-18-2012, 12:07 PM
This was fixed by nilbog pending update. I'm slacking on a patch cause I'm trying to push some code in =x

Nirgon
09-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Rogean manages to sneak in a + for himself here.

Tune
02-07-2013, 09:05 AM
bump for nirgon who claimed we were hiding stuff...

server has way too many haters and malicious petitioners just trying to bring people down, and theres less focus on important stuff like MEZ being broken for BARDS AND ENCHANTERS (in pvp)

a lot of epic stuff is in that shouldn't be , some has been fixed

in order of ease and fairness to all i dont think these should be removed off players that already have them

you still have people with blue crystal staff ffs

Bamzal Sherbet
02-07-2013, 12:08 PM
tune, arent you currently riding out a suspension? wonder what for

Nirgon
02-07-2013, 12:42 PM
Fallen abusing IP exemption to insta poof his cleric training fear break ins involving PvP.

http://sighroll.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/themoreyouknow.jpg

Tune
02-07-2013, 12:53 PM
i cant beleive we are still talking about that. u guys were training mobs at my bind and setting off ct DT cycle at the same time.

heartbrand
02-07-2013, 01:12 PM
we're almost @ velious timeline wise, isn't this supposed to be an accelerated timeline? It's lol to read these patch notes of REMOVING epic mobs when we should be PUTTING them in per even the classic timeline at this point.

Nirgon
02-07-2013, 01:17 PM
For the strength of the community, the blue server is the highest priority. It was something stated well before this server was started. Blue is king, this is something they agreed to do on the side because our group wanted PvP so much.

That said, I do think epics should be put in relatively soon here Heartbrand and may even be long overdue. A quick database query to burn the items added to the server when this was patched into blue that currently exist here would go nicely with that patch. Things like blue crystal staff, trak guts, VS stone, Inny stones, CT skins, faydedar pods, and any of the misc junk like lil shaman stones / Eejag things need to be torched but things like SMR/Kedge Robe/Gnarled staff/dragon scales/rebreathers should very obviously stay. Gnarled staff I think should still be its 2 handed variant and in the game, and then patched into the 1hb at or around the time of epics.

Rettii
02-07-2013, 01:57 PM

server has way too many haters and malicious petitioners just trying to bring people down, and theres less focus on important stuff like MEZ being broken for BARDS AND ENCHANTERS (in pvp)

Bards have like 4 stun songs between 50-60 lol

in order of ease and fairness to all i dont think these should be removed off players that already have them

HAHA R 4 SRS?

Tune
02-07-2013, 03:09 PM
Bards have like 4 stun songs between 50-60 lol

HAHA R 4 SRS?

AND ENCHANTERS ....

and yes srs

Nirgon
02-07-2013, 03:13 PM
I dunno, I think having major portions of epics completed and ready to go for an entire guild is a pretty good issue to "maliciously" report.

Rettii
02-07-2013, 04:16 PM
AND ENCHANTERS ....

and yes srs

Rapture unresistable I thought what are you actually arguing for again?

Tune
02-07-2013, 10:11 PM
I dunno, I think having major portions of epics completed and ready to go for an entire guild is a pretty good issue to "maliciously" report.

entire guild? lol try again

Rapture unresistable I thought what are you actually arguing for again?

enchanter get many mez's other than rapture that should not be level restricted in pvp

u should stop bein stupid or stop trolling, jig is up

Nirgon
02-07-2013, 11:17 PM
Run the script, it removes what it removes. I don't expect any of you to tell the truth :).

Sickpuppy
02-08-2013, 12:43 AM
Run the script, it removes what it removes. I don't expect any of you to tell the truth :).

This much be done

Sickpuppy
02-08-2013, 12:43 AM
This must* be done

Rettii
02-08-2013, 10:39 AM
entire guild? lol try again

enchanter get many mez's other than rapture that should not be level restricted in pvp

u should stop bein stupid or stop trolling, jig is up

working as intended, carry on

Nirgon
02-13-2013, 06:38 PM
No epix till integrity is secured.

NotSmedy
02-14-2013, 05:02 AM
the shadyness and bias of some people dog, damn

Originally Posted by Tune View Post

NotSmedy
02-14-2013, 05:26 AM

Mez being broken may rattle your bards nuts, but get off the high horse dog. The fact that the stun/shadowstep/pell target based song bards get at 59 is bugged and unresistable is just retarded. People may complain about tstaff, but this shit is just unavoidable if you don't get lucky with a far away shadowstep. One of your bards did this to a pal in a dungeon, he was stunned for the entire fight.

On live the stun partion of the song was ofcourse resistable.

Nizzarr is actually proving he is a champ by reporting this instead of collecting the pixels and attempting to hide it.

Nirgon
02-14-2013, 12:22 PM
Epics can wait till this removal script is put together and then all will be well Smedy. They'll have no problem replacing it, just want the server to be as pure as possible.

They can't catch everything and we can't expect it all to be perfect. But we can trust big Nilbog. Still the best EQ server since the day before Luclin launched.

heartbrand
02-14-2013, 01:26 PM
Ya dawg I'm still waiting on that blue diamond gear removal from classic, the blue crystal staff removal from classic, etc. etc. Also still waiting on regen to be added to fungi robes. The timeline here is fucked beyond repair, on the "accelerated timeline" epics should've been out months ago. Deal with it pal.

mostbitter
02-14-2013, 01:54 PM
You're argument is that things are screwed up so whats a little more screwed up?

Nirgon
02-14-2013, 02:26 PM
I don't have a blue crystal staff, nor does anyone except I think maybe Lovely's wizard here on red.

As far as the BCS on blue, it was never reported by anyone and tons of people paid money for getting them etc. I'll reserve my opinions on all of that but I think you know how I think it should have been handled. The honorable thing to do would be destroy them yourselves and stop looting them. Stop trying to defend this :P.

heartbrand
02-14-2013, 04:32 PM
Um, on the contrary, blue diamond gear was bug reported over a year ago was it was said that you would get the chance to exchange it for a different gem, never happened.

Nizzarr
02-14-2013, 05:39 PM
yea, very out of topic here but blue diamond jewelry was added 1 month and 2 weeks after velious release.

There was no blue diamond jewelry in kunark era.

TWDL_Prexus
02-14-2013, 05:54 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=60289&highlight=blue+diamond

Heh, BD jewelery seems a bit more unbalanced then some epic drops.

heartbrand
02-14-2013, 06:03 PM
I don't have a blue crystal staff, nor does anyone except I think maybe Lovely's wizard here on red.

As far as the BCS on blue, it was never reported by anyone and tons of people paid money for getting them etc. I'll reserve my opinions on all of that but I think you know how I think it should have been handled. The honorable thing to do would be destroy them yourselves and stop looting them. Stop trying to defend this :P.

These things shouldnt be available until 1.5 month after velious released.

They were added on the 2001 January 17th patch.

I'm surprised this went on for so long here!

source: caster realms wayback machine

Hopefully this is recognized, I had a friend link me a piece of BD jewelry.

I think the fair way to to make the current items that exists to be nonequippable for the time being until enabled. I'm not asking for anyone's shit to get deleted. I wish I had caught it earlier.

I'll take the hours necessary to prove per the dev response, but this should be an obvious fix. If not, let me know.

Fixed, pending update.

Guy says it was never reported but yet he himself reported it over a year ago!! LOL Nirgon man you are out of control buddy.

Nirgon
02-14-2013, 06:37 PM
Oh trust me, I'm past caring right now HB. I wish I had a blue crystal staff and would be defending it at this point.

I'm also working on getting blue diamond jewelry crafted, got one earring.

Some things get fixed immediately, others... well they... hmph I dunno man! Sad :(. Hate to be playin' like this right now.

Clark
02-15-2013, 05:42 AM
the shadyness and bias of some people dog, damn

Nirgon
02-15-2013, 05:52 AM
Bump 2 blue diamond earrings done. It wouldn't be fair to remove them.

Velium bars and enchants should be added too for bracers, I thought this was supposed to be on an accelerated time line.

Bamzal Sherbet
02-15-2013, 11:21 AM
i love how all bug reports turn into "you think thats bad, look how broke dis shit is" and in the end nothing gets fixed

nilbog
02-15-2013, 11:25 AM
End obfuscation!

Nirgon
02-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Need to put a gun in the mouth of these fraudulent epic lewts and pull the trigger Nildawg.

Sirken has restored faith, gotta hold down yo boy.

Nizzarr
02-15-2013, 03:28 PM
Bump 2 blue diamond earrings done. It wouldn't be fair to remove them.

Velium bars and enchants should be added too for bracers, I thought this was supposed to be on an accelerated time line.

why are you getting resists items when resists dont matter?

Nirgon
02-15-2013, 03:30 PM
Trying to get dat 550 magic resist so root is only 5% chance bro.

Can't be fuckin' around with this 6-7% shit, namean.

Not to mention BDs are considered classic here and as indicated many times, wtf do I know? Lawl.

Resists are great btw, put in item loot as is.

SamwiseRed
02-15-2013, 05:37 PM
can we get those neat charts posted for fire/cold resists. MR isnt as broke as people say but should be tweaked down a little. id also like to see a chart with necro taps. i feel they are too OP here. shouldnt they be resistable at 120mr?

Nirgon
02-15-2013, 06:13 PM
can we get those neat charts posted for fire/cold resists. MR isnt as broke as people say but should be tweaked down a little. id also like to see a chart with necro taps. i feel they are too OP here. shouldnt they be resistable at 120mr?

Based on my current analysis, I have approximated these values:
http://i47.tinypic.com/t53adh.png

Please keep in mind the current bug where a spell has an automatic 5% chance to land no matter what, whereas in classic it was a 10.5% chance to fail (aka naked player ~10.5% chance to resist a nuke/root/whatever on almost every spell ... considering naked resist value...).

Correct logic:
"IE:
This covers all unresistable spells.
Spell: Tashina (60)
ID: 676
Resist: Unresistable
(this spell is unresistable barring certain factors.) (see below)
PVP resist(base): 5 (if player is 10 levels or more above caster)
PVP resist(max): 12 (if player is 10 levels or more below caster)
pvpresistcalc: 101 (beat this number to resist).

result for lvl 12 enc vs. lvl 22 Player:
calc is 101
base is 5
result : lands, 106 is number to beat but has no resist... so the target is deemed 101 resist points

Spell: Immobilize (39)
ID: 132
Resist: Magic, 0 (standard resists apply)
PVP resist(base): 50
PVP resist(max): -5
pvpresistcalc: 101

result for lvl 39 enc vs. lvl 49 Player:
calc is 101
base is -5
result : does NOT lands, 101 is number to beat but has no resist... so the target is deemed 95 resist points (-5 due to level difference)

Spell: Rapture (59)
ID: 1692
Resist: Magic
PVP Resists(base): -300 <- ten levels lower
PVP Resist(Max): -400 <- ten levels higher then caster
PVP Resist calc: 135< number to beat the spell's effect out-right

result: in addition to the level cap of the spell (affects creatures/people up to lvl 61)
1.) target is 10 levels lower, -400 is their starting point. so they would need a 535 Magic resist to outright resist the spell
2.) target is 10 levels higher, -300 is their starting point, they would need a resist of 435 to outright resist the spell.

Spell:Gasping Embrace (47)
Resist: Magic
PVP Resists(base): -42 <- ten levels lower
PVP Resist(Max): -57 <- ten levels higher then caster
PVP Resist calc: 133< number to beat the spell's effect out-right

result:
1.) target is 10 levels lower, -57 is their starting point. so they would need a 190 Magic resist to outright resist the spell
2.) target is 10 levels higher, -42 is their starting point. so they would need a 175 Magic resist to outright resist the spell.

with the exception of unresistable spells, in PVP there is a 10.5% chance to resist the spell if you do not meet the saving value.
conversely there is a 5.25% chance of the spell landing anyway -- Dr. Nirgon's note, again if you do not meet the saving value, otherwise it will not land if you meet the value no matter what!!!.
with damaging spells the power of them or "how hard they hit" if they land is directly correlated to how close they came to the number. minimum of 25% dmg.

so if the spell lands it does at least 25% dmg (partial resists).
if 75%+ of the "to beat" number is reached and the spell lands then 25% dmg is incured.

these partial resists come in 25% of spell dmg, 50% and 75%

Correct values here.. ie: http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellraw.html?id=512&source=Live

Kevynne
02-15-2013, 06:33 PM
. Also still waiting on regen to be added to fungi robes.\

i forgot fungi robes had regen on them....

also imbued *gem here* jewelry isnt in game yet aparently,
IE http://wiki.project1999.org/Imbued_Platinum_Fire_Ring
i remember each ring was deity exclusive, and all that could worship that deity could wear it. They came out same time as cultural armor

Nirgon
02-15-2013, 06:34 PM
The enchant for that ring was sold on the human Zorak Ragefire btw.

Nirgon
02-18-2013, 02:05 PM
I am disappoint. Move to resolved.

hijinks
02-21-2013, 01:00 PM
For the strength of the community, the blue server is the highest priority. It was something stated well before this server was started. Blue is king, this is something they agreed to do on the side because our group wanted PvP so much.

That said, I do think epics should be put in relatively soon here Heartbrand and may even be long overdue. A quick database query to burn the items added to the server when this was patched into blue that currently exist here would go nicely with that patch. Things like blue crystal staff, trak guts, VS stone, Inny stones, CT skins, faydedar pods, and any of the misc junk like lil shaman stones / Eejag things need to be torched but things like SMR/Kedge Robe/Gnarled staff/dragon scales/rebreathers should very obviously stay. Gnarled staff I think should still be its 2 handed variant and in the game, and then patched into the 1hb at or around the time of epics.

odd. I have yet to see any wizards in guild with blue crystal staff prior to epics being released. We have them now tho, along with A CT skin, none of that shit dropped prior to epics.

Nirgon
02-21-2013, 01:08 PM
Lovely had one. Not sure if removed. /shrug