PDA

View Full Version : Merchants: Medium quality ores

SchadenFreude
05-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Merchants that are supposed to carry this, especially in evil cities, are not. Instead, they have "Clay" ores when they should have the medium quality ores. The only vendor that could be located which carries the medium ores was in north freeport, in the midst of paladin country. Interestingly, those vendors were "Indifferent" to a troll SK, when they should have been dubious.

This makes it almost impossible for a troll to make fine plate.

Please put the medium quality ores back onto the vendors in Oggok and Neriak.

Brut
05-28-2010, 01:38 PM
They're sold at rathe mountains at the small merchant encampment near a haunted tower.
Evil-races faction, too. Think it's DarkBargainers.

SchadenFreude
05-28-2010, 09:55 PM
They are supposed to be sold inside Oggok and Neriak. The merchant in Rathe Mountains was added when the frogs were relocated to that area, and a forge was added in the same zone. It's absolutely retarded that they aren't in any evil city when they are supposed to be there.

astarothel
05-28-2010, 10:02 PM
I'm already researching to see if med qual ores should be on standard city vendors at all at this point in time. There's been some questions concerning how classic that is.

Brut
05-29-2010, 04:45 AM
http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=1893&menustr=035000000000

Eqtraders listing of vendors that sell med quality ores. Highhold Keep, North Freeport and Rathe Mountains are the ones in at the server far as I knows (the Neriak one, Treven Rusoe isn't in). And noway that ore vendor was added for frogs; it's on evil races faction and at a camp I recall clearly hanging out at prior to the frogloks moving there.

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=3104 <--- Ukla, screenshot alone shows it's before frogloks.

astarothel
05-29-2010, 06:58 AM
Eqtraders listing of vendors that sell med quality ores.

EQtraders uses the updated info from the 2002 Blacksmithing overhaul, in particular the new trivial values, it may also have some newer, non-classic vendor changes on it as well unnoted. That's where the point of interest lies.

Brut
05-29-2010, 07:15 AM
Yeh, but even that doesn't mention a vendor that sells the ores in Oggok/Grobb. Some folks have been claiming you only got these from Highpass, so the Rathe Mnts/Freeport vendors are puzzling too. And some might argue that fine plate blacksmithing wasn't there yet 1999.

Can't rly find any support on either from googlings. =( All the dates on guides and crap are updated, but at some point banded was max.

Xenephex
05-29-2010, 04:50 PM
I was one of the people who brought up the question about MQ ore vendors. I'm going from memory, but I believe it is possible that the Rathe Mtn. vendors were also there from the start; I'm pretty sure there was a second location. It was just that for most good races, HighKeep was the most accessible place to Freeport, which is where most good race folks did their smithing and which is why I remember it.

What I am sure of is that there was no single place in the game that sold both FP molds and MQ ore.