PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spawn Issue: Corpse too far away.

Kirdan
06-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Corpse too far away.
You may not loot this corpse at this time.

I've been getting these messages intermittently while standing directly on top of corpses trying to loot them today. I've tried using /loot and relogging without success, once a corpse reports this message I can't find a way to loot it. So far it's happened to a werewolf in Kithicor, Ivie Bramblefoot in LFay, and a brownie outcast in LFay.

It differs from the message when I'm actually too far to loot them:

You are too far away to loot that corpse.

eqdruid76
06-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Aye, this can be problematic.

Brownies are terribly hard to to right click loot on live as well.

Kirdan
06-07-2010, 01:41 AM
It's not just right clicking though, /loot won't work either when this happens.

Uaellaen
06-07-2010, 06:36 AM
Try to stand near theyr feet, that usualy resolves it. Its the tiny hit / loot boxes they have ...

astarothel
06-07-2010, 09:07 AM
Lost two terrorantula kills to this. Looting issues like this make me sad :(

Feiel
06-07-2010, 09:36 AM
Lost two terrorantula kills to this. Looting issues like this make me sad :(

The giant spider is pretty silly in terms of its "hit box" when it has died. If I remember correctly, its somewhere way beyond the abdomen after it has flipped up and over on its back!

Kirdan
06-07-2010, 11:14 PM
Try to stand near theyr feet, that usualy resolves it. Its the tiny hit / loot boxes they have ...

I did try spamming /loot all over the corpses to no avail. I'm curious about the difference in messages I listed above as well, it seems that the game can tell I'm in range to loot but still fails to allow it. This wasn't just tiny brownie hitboxes, there was a werewolf too.

Zordana
06-07-2010, 11:23 PM
I did try spamming /loot all over the corpses to no avail. I'm curious about the difference in messages I listed above as well, it seems that the game can tell I'm in range to loot but still fails to allow it. This wasn't just tiny brownie hitboxes, there was a werewolf too.

the loot is checked on both sides..

first clientside -> is the corpse in range? (sometimes the corpse actually lies somewhere else, but the client thinks its right here).. then you try to loot, but the server says "dude, the corpse is over here *point 20meters away*".

so as soon as you are in range clientside, the server will block..
as soon as your in server range, the client will block..
logging out and in should fix this problem tho (or zoning)

this is me GUESSING!!! ;)

Kirdan
06-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Yeah, I tried relogging when it happened and it didn't help. Your theory sounds right though. Maybe the client needs to be shut down completely and restarted to clear it? I just logged to char select and then back in.

Zordana
06-08-2010, 05:42 AM
Yeah, I tried relogging when it happened and it didn't help. Your theory sounds right though. Maybe the client needs to be shut down completely and restarted to clear it? I just logged to char select and then back in.

maybe the server tells the client a wrong position due to some bug, then it cant be fixed when it occurs without a gm summoning that corpse :P

Reiker
06-08-2010, 06:50 AM
I explained why this happened & a fix... and my post was deleted. sweet.

Kirdan
06-11-2010, 12:43 AM
It just happened again to a brownie outcast. I logged off and quit EQ entirely. When I logged back in the corpse was about 15 yards away from where it was before and it was lootable. So the client/server discrepancy seems to be the cause.

Mleh
06-11-2010, 06:38 AM
Similar note if you zone into a plane for loot (ranger loot drops nobody needs so grab someone outside to run) you cannot see the corpse, hilarity ensues but i never remember this happening

Zordana
06-11-2010, 08:37 AM
I explained why this happened & a fix... and my post was deleted. sweet.

well, then this fix can be used to exploit aswell, else the admins would not have deleted your post ;)
just keep it for yourself then, thats probably for the best