PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Mistmoore pathing not as it was in live

Donwald
12-31-2012, 08:17 PM
During live there were a number of pathing issues in Mistmoore that were part of what made the zone what it was, trains were common and people were often able to take advantage of a number of them if they knew how. I bring this up because I just attempted to solo the jail where pathing was so bad that none of the mobs could leave their spawns only to discover that it has been changed from live. Is this a bug or a feature? If I tried killing mobs in locations in other zones that they couldn't reach would I find the same? As far as I know none of this was considered exploiting during live, or at least during the time that I played.

Itap
12-31-2012, 08:28 PM
Idk, I'm pretty sure that's the definition of exploiting. Using screwed up pathing to kill mobs you otherwise would be unable to, sounds like exploitation.

As far as your MM bug report, try to provide some proof when making reports. It's hard for devs to make changes to things when all they have to go on is "I remember it being like this on live".

Silo69
01-07-2013, 02:02 AM
the pathing on eqp99 is not like live, most of it has had to be adjusted due to pathing exploits

most mobs will run through walls and doors and bline straight to you when pulled

nothing gm's can do about it here due to possible exploits

this is an emulated server to replicate live it is not 100%

you will notice this in all zones

in fact high hold keep did not give xp on this server for 6 months due to pathing exploits

developers here had one option and it was to let mobs path directly to you and not follow the set path they normally would

deal with it

bubur
01-08-2013, 09:35 AM
in live, as a bard one could find a spot in pretty much every zone where mobs would be stuck running directly into a wall, leaving you able to autoattack and sing effortlessly

in freeport, there were areas you could path guards in a large circle by barely moving a few inches, allowing casters to get well over two full nukes in before they had to move back, and start the circle again

i could go on, but i think you get the point - original live pathing was highly exploitable and nowadays those unfair techniques are just too well known to justify putting it back to the way it was