PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Charm problems, mobs despawning

Clark
01-16-2013, 04:58 PM
I'm trying to figure out what happened. I had the frog king charmed and burned his LOT like I always did on live back in the day and on red99. The frog king was 36-38% when I zoned. Then I gated back to recharm and finish battle and he was despawned. Similar situation happened last night with tactician, but I can't remember the exact order of how it happened. With the mob regen kicking into effect there is no way any dots could have killed him trying to figure out what happened, and if you guys are aware of any current type of problem with charm/despawning. Thank you :(

Slave
01-16-2013, 05:11 PM
Was there anyone else in the zone at the time?

Massive Marc
01-16-2013, 05:21 PM
I'm trying to figure out what happened. I had the frog king charmed and burned his LOT like I always did on live back in the day and on red99. The frog king was 36-38% when I zoned. Then I gated back to recharm and finish battle and he was despawned. Similar situation happened last night with tactician, but I can't remember the exact order of how it happened. With the mob regen kicking into effect there is no way any dots could have killed him trying to figure out what happened, and if you guys are aware of any current type of problem with charm/despawning. Thank you :(

This happened recently with the Tactician as well. I was duoing with a enchanter. enchanter had a pet charmed (I think a Bok) and was attacking Tact - only two mobs up. he then zones, the Bok resets and the Tact despawned.

I've been camping King for the last 2 weeks straight, lots of weird stuff happens in that room.

-Catherin-
01-16-2013, 05:53 PM
This happened recently with the Tactician as well. I was duoing with a enchanter. enchanter had a pet charmed (I think a Bok) and was attacking Tact - only two mobs up. he then zones, the Bok resets and the Tact despawned.

I've been camping King for the last 2 weeks straight, lots of weird stuff happens in that room.

yeah i was that chanter. tact had a tiara too. really left a bitter taste in my mouth. now i just dont zone out with mobs engaged with a charmed pet

Clark
01-16-2013, 05:56 PM
ya it's totally bizarre, mobs shouldnt be despawning when they should reset though :l ugh

Clark
01-16-2013, 05:57 PM
Was there anyone else in the zone at the time?

nobody was there ya

Ele
01-16-2013, 07:22 PM
Were the charmed mobs midcast while engaged when you zoned? I.e. charmed mob keeps fighting and dies while you zone back. Could be something to test.

If it is straight up despawning that is most strange.

Massive Marc
01-17-2013, 04:50 PM
No, it happened just like it did in my post.

2 mobs in king room.
1 Bok knight (guard? whatever it is)
1 Tactician

Bok is charmed and attacks tactician at his spawn point.
Enchanter zones when Tactician is at 10%.
Tactician immediately despawns upon enchanter zoning and bok resets.

Me lvl 59.
chanter lvl 60.

loot was a plat tiara (doesn't matter, I think ?)

--------

On a side note, There is major issues with charming mobs in king room and leaving them up. It creates a weird agro range that pulling any mob in that room will pull the whole room, when regularly (depending on how they con) you can pull the room in 3 splits if the bok knights are light blue. but if a enchanter leaves charmed mobs up, EVEN IF they're light blue, it will pull the whole room and SOMETIMES the kor shaman outside of the king room.

I have no clue how to reproduce this, but it always happens after I take the camp from a chanter.