PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Treeform bug

Maurk
06-13-2010, 03:19 PM
often times when my buddy goes into treeform,
i cannot seen to target anything but my friend
also,
his appearance has changed while in treeform, to either a large wood elf
or changing him to human altogether. He was unaware he looked anything other than like a tree.

here are some pics of two different "forms" my druid friend took.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m294/Mapko666/EQ000019.jpg
"the human wood elf"

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m294/Mapko666/EQ000020.jpg
"and the why is he so tall"

setver
06-13-2010, 03:23 PM
indeed I've experienced this as well with a halfling druid.. i'm as tall as an ogre to some, tree to others, and rarely a TINY HUMAN, like he said I was up to his ankle only..

Leokaiser
06-13-2010, 03:30 PM
Yeah, I've seen something like this as well. If I go into wolf form, then cast treeform, I usually turn into a giant halfling! I've never enquired as to how I appear to others.

Maurk
06-13-2010, 05:44 PM
actually, he apparently appeared as a wood elf on his screen, while to me he did not.

Ropethunder
06-13-2010, 06:23 PM
This may be related: casting minor illusion as a gnome in Steamfont just made me a really big version of myself.

Dersk
06-13-2010, 10:18 PM
He was unaware he looked anything other than like a tree.

On EQlive, minor illusion has always had the chance to appear differently to different people looking at the same enchanter. The fact that two people see a different effect of the illusion is not what is uncommon, just the fact that it used an elf model.

FatMagic
06-13-2010, 11:24 PM
This may be related: casting minor illusion as a gnome in Steamfont just made me a really big version of myself.

Minor Illusion isn't working right on the server period - doesn't work like Live at all. I tested this all over the place on some of my "favorite" spots back in live, and all it does is thrown an "Unknown Spell (XXX)" and then make me slightly larger version of myself, and generally roots me to the ground until I turn off the effect.

Edit: I'll stop hijacking and my own post about it.

EDIT #2: I will eat my words. I got it to work finally... stills throws an error though. But some of my favorite "minor illusion" targets don't work, oh well!

Kender
10-26-2010, 06:31 PM
treeform illusion doesn't always display as a tree. seems random but if it fails it just increases your size. you still have the same effects though (increased AC and Regen and rooted in place)

also, ghoul root overwrites treeform illusion. when the ghoul root wears off you no longer have the treeform buffs. In addition, you are now a moving tree (not just spinning on spot moving, but running around) I tend to play in third person and this meant i couldn't see where i was going

sacrilegium
08-14-2011, 04:46 AM
Since Treeform still makes it impossible for anyone nearby to click on the person who's in Treeform, are we to assume that it's not going to be addressed?