PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Defensive and Aggressive should only impact damage taken not done

heartbrand
02-05-2013, 02:02 PM
------------------------------
February 21, 2001 3:00 am
------------------------------

*Bug Fixes*

--- Aggressive and Defensive disciplines have been fixed. Before they
would only affect damage taken and not affect damage dealt out. Now
they affect both as designed.

Nirgon
02-05-2013, 02:12 PM
No, defensive should be reducing the damage you deal. Aggressive should result in more taken. That should be true here, need logs to prove.

heartbrand
02-05-2013, 02:13 PM
Read patch note, it was incorrectly implemented until a post velious patch, prior to that you got the benefit of defensive without the reduced damage. It's classic, deal with it.

Nirgon
02-05-2013, 02:32 PM
Can't say I played a warrior on live, but I recall having to plink arrows at Lord Yelinak early in Velious (he was perma rooted and regened fast enough to not summon) to build threat for a very long time because of the damage reduction of defensive and us being a "less than top PvE server" having to burst him like crazy.

I'll take your word as fact here though, because there really wasn't a discipline revamp at any time that I can think of off the top of my head. Well... there was the disciplines being added in Velious. I kinda want to look up comments on this patch note if any exist to try and determine an era. Me stating this only hurts your competition's ability to slay mobs right now =), you guys seem fine.

heartbrand
02-05-2013, 02:33 PM
This was fixed in velious so it makes sense that in velious you experienced that