PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: thunder spirits in sky uncharmable

heartbrand
02-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Is this intended? They are of appropriate level to be charmed and can be currently charmed on live. I can't find any info anywhere that shows they were flagged from uncharmable to charmable at some later point. Anyone shed light on this?

Bushido
02-05-2013, 04:16 PM
They were changed to uncharmable because on the blue server when sky first opened they were being used to kill higher level island mobs.

heartbrand
02-05-2013, 04:17 PM
That doesn't sound like a legit reason to change them, it's either classic or not...

heartbrand
02-05-2013, 04:18 PM
e.g. invis pulling is ridic game breaking but yet is in nonetheless because it has been deemed "classic"

Nirgon
02-05-2013, 04:22 PM
RE Sky:
Take an enchanter and pals up to EQMac and test all this stuff out to end the debate.

RE Invis pulling:
We proved the invis pulling thing, applying to all cases, does not work.

IE: Pulling a fire beetle invis past a bear will not change anything. Pulling a froglok through sebilis with invis will cause a train there.

heartbrand
02-05-2013, 04:23 PM
I was really only trying to use the example that regardless if something is OP or not, the motto here has been Classic or Death. Therefore, flagging this mob uncharmable despite it not being classic seems weak imo.

Nirgon
02-05-2013, 04:26 PM
If it is charmable on EQ Mac, make it charmable here.

Classic or Death is right.

I'm not here to play EQ how people "think it should be". Or "well it woulda been better if".

Splorf22
02-05-2013, 04:37 PM
I found numerous posts that basically suggest nothing in sky should be mez/charm immune.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85136

One enchanter actually charmed the Thunder Spirit Princess to kill gorg. The date is quite late though.

heartbrand
02-05-2013, 04:38 PM
Yep I'm seeing the same on the googlez, definitely no posts anywhere stating these mobs are uncharmable, and multiple sources, albeit later timeline wise, talking about giving them certain weps and using them as pets.

Lazortag
02-05-2013, 04:44 PM
If they're charmable, they need to have much higher MR so that the charm doesn't land 100% of the time and last for 5 minutes when a level 50 casts it. I believe charms were too reliable on sky mobs when it was first released here, which is why they made them uncharmable as a bandaid solution. I think they prefer making things unclassically more difficult if the alternative is making them unclassically too easy.

heartbrand
02-05-2013, 04:51 PM
If they're charmable, they need to have much higher MR so that the charm doesn't land 100% of the time and last for 5 minutes when a level 50 casts it. I believe charms were too reliable on sky mobs when it was first released here, which is why they made them uncharmable as a bandaid solution. I think they prefer making things unclassically more difficult if the alternative is making them unclassically too easy.

Yet invis pulling =p

Nirgon
02-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Which shouldn't be in and is probably a brutal code fix

heartbrand
02-19-2013, 02:14 PM
bump

heartbrand
04-19-2013, 12:51 PM
bump for unclassic feature to be fixed