PDA

View Full Version : Quest Issue: Bronze Shackle: A Scarlet Stone

EasyLee
02-17-2013, 07:35 PM
Edit: Did not do the research adequately, wiki had some bad information but drop is working.

Two issues with A Scarlet Stone (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=12402) for the bronze shackle quest:

1) Mob "A Drolvarg Scavenger" who should drop it can not be found throughout FV. Have scoured FV and not found it. Compare to this post, albeit from 2005 though this mob has always been around as long as this quest has been around.
went down to FV with my 63 Ranger to try to get the note, i was training about 20 of these onto myself and bashed away one by one, they drop quick with my DS (43) the last ones are already on very low hp so die very quickly, they managed to get me down to 40% but it was np

2) Other mob that should drop these, a drolvarg snarler, either doesn't drop them or the drop rate is extremely low. Have killed dozens of snarlers and have not seen a single scarlet stone. A bard who was AE kiting all of the drolvargs he could find for a few hours never saw a single stone drop either. Furthermore, all of the other mobs I had to retrieve stones from for this quest, including Icebone Skellies and Goblin Priest, dropped their stones very quickly.

These facts all together lead me to believe the drop rate is either extraordinarily low for this one item or, worse, that the item doesn't exist anymore. The major issue is the lack of scavengers, who should drop it but do not exist in the zone as best I can tell (have searched all over Firiona including drolvarg underground).

Ele
02-17-2013, 07:42 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85959&highlight=Scarlet+Stone

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=97280&highlight=Scarlet+Stone

EasyLee
02-17-2013, 08:03 PM
Very well, perhaps the spawn rate on scavengers is just low then.

LiQuid
02-27-2013, 01:12 AM
I've been annihilating drolvargs all over FV for 6 hours now, including the 3 static spawns at the camp (with the Iksar skull) at pos 1600 neg 1500. I have killed literally hundreds of these things and I have yet to see a scavenger spawn or get a stone off of the innumerable snarlers that were unlucky enough to walk near me.

Is there a possibility the patch screwed up their spawn rate somehow or am I really just that unlucky? I'm at the end of my rope with this quest.

nothsa
02-27-2013, 01:46 AM
well the camp is hwere i got minr but i was before the patch

Innovative
02-27-2013, 01:47 AM
Pointless quest as very shortly you'll find it's broken.

LiQuid
02-27-2013, 01:55 AM
Never mind! That asshole just spawned! I stopped keeping track of the number of times I cleared it after 20, but it was a LONG ASS TIME.

I understand that the quest only goes up to copper/bronze, but 1. there aren't a lot of bracer options for an iksar monk due to the no plate restriction, and 2. it will be nice to have a steel shackle if/when it's implemented post-Velious.

Generally the quest has been kind of fun in an explore places I normally wouldn't kind of way. This was the only part that has really tripped me up since the finger bones in Kurn's.