Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Decode this, follow the clues, and win my cloak of flames and fungi tunic (/forums/showthread.php?t=255356)

Lune 10-09-2016 05:42 PM

Decode this, follow the clues, and win my cloak of flames and fungi tunic

It has been a long time since I've played here, over a year, and I don't think I will be playing again. And if I do play again, I'll want to start over. I cherish the time I spent on P99. My experience here surpassed anything I did on live, and were among my best moments in gaming. This community is truly something special, a snapshot of something which simply does not exist in gaming anymore outside of this box. Thank you, staff, for creating such an amazing experience for so many of us.

Now, if you doubt whether this thread is for real, I'll direct you to the last time I quit. I'm not Diggles, I will be giving this stuff away to any who manage to find it.

Decode this message. Follow the clues. Find my in-game character (use your forum sleuthing), and speak the phrase.

REE YNELA AA FHD BAB BAA ABA ECA NWKTO MVDYA BC A HCBW RQB BFA SM HCBW A CCC LVY

The first person to complete this will receive the cloak of flames and fungi tunic. If there are some close runners-up, I might give some consolation stuff. I will post in this thread and notify you if someone completes it.

skarlorn 10-09-2016 05:48 PM

I hope you stay on forumquest.

zanderklocke 10-09-2016 06:27 PM

This looks fun. I have no idea what the code is. I hope you stick around and keep posting things here; I always enjoyed reading your posts.

seanidor 10-09-2016 08:58 PM

Well dang, I give up. I thought the code might have something to do with an Iksar Trooper who shares the same name as one of your characters but I can't find any link.

Then I thought maybe one of the characters, who has a name that's fairly similar to a bald Saiya-Jin, might have said some kind of phrase but it doesn't seem so.

Then I thought maybe the code was tied to one of the phrases that one of your older characters said during his crusade in one of the RP posts, but I still can't find anything.

You've completely stumped me! Thanks for the post Lune, I look forward to hearing the answer, and I also hope you eventually come back to play on P1999 once again. It looks like you'll be missed by many.

Lune 10-09-2016 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanidor (Post 2377521)
Well dang, I give up. I thought the code might have something to do with an Iksar Trooper who shares the same name as one of your characters but I can't find any link.

Then I thought maybe one of the characters, who has a name that's fairly similar to a bald Saiya-Jin, might have said some kind of phrase but it doesn't seem so.

Then I thought maybe the code was tied to one of the phrases that one of your older characters said during his crusade in one of the RP posts, but I still can't find anything.

You've completely stumped me! Thanks for the post Lune, I look forward to hearing the answer, and I also hope you eventually come back to play on P1999 once again. It looks like you'll be missed by many.

Finding my character is really just for the last step when you find the place to pick up the items, has no bearing on the code. Nothing you can find about me will help you decode it.

If nobody gets it in a few days I might post a hint or add items. But I definitely think someone can figure it out before then, it's not that bad

Zanco 10-09-2016 09:30 PM

Will it be a place anyone can reach? I'm only level 16 but I kind of want to start looking.

rollin5k 10-09-2016 10:30 PM

Pm sent

coki 10-09-2016 10:37 PM

effort...

Pokesan 10-09-2016 10:59 PM

I can't solve your cryptogram, but I would guess it says something about 'Your chance to win free CoF/AoN'

just seems like the Lune thing to make a puzzle of

Lune 10-09-2016 11:45 PM

Somebody has decoded the message, but seems to be caught up on the next part.

So I'm going to drop a hint and see if maybe we can get some more people in before I go to bed.

A = 1
B = 2
Z = 8

If it doesn't happen tonight, I will 'spawn' again tomorrow and there will be another window.