Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What item should I buy next for my bard? (/forums/showthread.php?t=300952)

Tobius 06-21-2018 01:44 PM

What item should I buy next for my bard?

As you may or may not remember, I made a post a while back about levelling a bard to match my 56/57 warrior to duo forager cycle with my brother.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=296925

Heated debate ensued about wether that combo was possible, what level, and how to physically do it.

I think the only way it will be possible is to charm spam the nameds and have the warrior run inteference if shit goes down. Level 39 at absolute minimum, may go to 40-46-52 depending on how owned we get.

With this goal specifically in mind, what gear should I be after, there's obviously bard gearing guides, but I'm talking specifically about this camp.

I tried to camp that goblin invis animal ring and the camp made me want to kill myself.... How important/usefull would that be outside of easier kills for exp? (Becuase we'd be after loot) What about that Tishans orb thing, is it really that good?

Below is the garbage I currently have. What would benefit most? Cha gear? better swords?

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Cenwood

kruptcy 06-21-2018 02:24 PM

I would suggest a Kobold Jester's Crown for your head (600pp)

Also your BP needs a good hard look, even a tree weave would be a very cheap (250p) substantial upgrade. PSC is good for a bit more cash (1800pp).

Could snag something cheap for your neck with stats....

mr_jon3s 06-21-2018 02:49 PM

https://wiki.project1999.com/Breath_of_Harmony it had a great ratio.

Legidias 06-21-2018 04:46 PM

Pure tank stats / resists to try and not die from the immediate nukes from Harbinger.

Cha = no effect on charms (come at me, misinformed bardbros)

Tobius 06-21-2018 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kruptcy (Post 2726903)
I would suggest a Kobold Jester's Crown for your head (600pp)

Also your BP needs a good hard look, even a tree weave would be a very cheap (250p) substantial upgrade. PSC is good for a bit more cash (1800pp).

Could snag something cheap for your neck with stats....

Would the Kobold crown be good for charming? is that why you reccomend?
What does PSC stand for, other than Palestine Solidarity Campaign....

Jimjam 06-21-2018 05:31 PM

Phase Spider Carapace.

Smurflogik 06-21-2018 06:06 PM

In my opinion, and feel free to chime in, other bards:

Resists, HP, AC. Pretty much in that order (possibly HP, resists, AC).

You want any gear that upgrades these stats. Everything else is just a bonus. I would not bother with CHA unless you plan to do a lot of lull pulling.

Breath of Harmony is also a cost effective upgrade, as it has a decent ratio, and you get a free song in your twist.

Triiz 06-21-2018 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tobius (Post 2726874)
As you may or may not remember, I made a post a while back about levelling a bard to match my 56/57 warrior to duo forager cycle with my brother.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=296925

Heated debate ensued about wether that combo was possible, what level, and how to physically do it.

I think the only way it will be possible is to charm spam the nameds and have the warrior run inteference if shit goes down. Level 39 at absolute minimum, may go to 40-46-52 depending on how owned we get.

With this goal specifically in mind, what gear should I be after, there's obviously bard gearing guides, but I'm talking specifically about this camp.

and yeah goblin ring confirmed worst camp in the game.

I tried to camp that goblin invis animal ring and the camp made me want to kill myself.... How important/usefull would that be outside of easier kills for exp? (Becuase we'd be after loot) What about that Tishans orb thing, is it really that good?

Below is the garbage I currently have. What would benefit most? Cha gear? better swords?

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Cenwood

Said it before your gear isn't going to matter, you're not going to be able to land a charm on a level 50 wizard at 39. You could spam snare for aggro, which probably wont land, on the 45 that drops iksar bp and the 49 that drops girdle but you're basically giving yourself 0 chance at the most expensive item that drops without the levels.

You have the fastest leveling class in the game, use it.

and yeah goblin ring confirmed worst camp in the game.

indiscriminate_hater 06-21-2018 08:43 PM

If you're doing that camp as a 56/57 bard, disregard all other gear and focus on getting good instruments. Fear kiting + dots is hands down the fastest way to kill foragers, especially with a warrior adding dps. Harbinger's nukes don't matter much if he's feared - just throw on some cold resist gear and elemental rhythyms for the initial pull. Take this from someone who has gotten over 10 masks & BPs each from this camp.

Charm kill only if you have to get rid of an add.

indiscriminate_hater 06-21-2018 08:46 PM

Oh I see your level now. 39 is still possible but you will have to send in a charmed mob to take the initial hit from Harbinger. It will be a pain in the ass to kill the placeholders and you will die a grisly death from caster adds. Just level up to 54 and do it then.