Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Which version of Velketor's Labyrinth will we be getting? (/forums/showthread.php?t=130743)

pasi 12-13-2013 05:37 PM

They did give warnings for it, but it was pretty rare. I only know of 2 guildies who got warnings doing it in years of doing it. Most GMs just looked the other way.

Pint 03-05-2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drakaris (Post 1351163)
Velks as it is right now is much more harder than i remember it.

Also there seems to be more see invis than before, so you can't invis through it like you used to.

I don't have any references, but I vividly remember monks soloing velkator's labrynth easily.

I've been tearing up velks on beta and I'm going to have to disagree, it feels weaker than kc atm, some of those ent spiders are max hitting for 95 and only doubling. Velium hunters on the other hand down in lord bob area are insane pets, doubling for 400 and backstabbing for 615 nothing down there lived for more than 15-20 seconds. Velketor is fucked if a couple of enchanters show up with those

Iumuno 03-05-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xadion (Post 1219232)
It was so well known and used for years never ever heard of a GM actually handing out punishments. It always seemed to be a delay tactic during guilds racing to ToV "Oh dont do that GMs will ban you! go the long way and die!" well atleast on Veeshan :-P

If no one petitioned, they wouldn't do anything about it. But if you did and a GM was available, they would come and give warnings.

Iumuno 03-05-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pint (Post 1351676)
I've been tearing up velks on beta and I'm going to have to disagree, it feels weaker than kc atm, some of those ent spiders are max hitting for 95 and only doubling. Velium hunters on the other hand down in lord bob area are insane pets, doubling for 400 and backstabbing for 615 nothing down there lived for more than 15-20 seconds. Velketor is fucked if a couple of enchanters show up with those

Aren't these very MR and/or above boltran's level limit though? I remember not using these for a reason, either or both.

myriverse 03-05-2014 03:21 PM

Maxing for 95 sounds about right to me.

Tubben 03-05-2014 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xelris (Post 1217856)
Also, Siren's Grotto was a death trap. Everything saw invis, was incredibly magic resistant and was a giant pain in the dick to anyone trying to get through to hunt in WW, DN or TOV.

There was one mob between the way from SG entrance on CS side and exit on WW side who did see invis. Could not avoid it, but you only had aggro on it till you swam up the tube and exited the water. There you jumped down, went on land, invis up again, end moved to WW. Was an seahorse iirc, but not sure there.

With lv 60 it was no problem, with lv 50 i am not sure if you could take the hits after your invis broke in the water.

Pint 03-05-2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iumuno (Post 1351696)
Aren't these very MR and/or above boltran's level limit though? I remember not using these for a reason, either or both.

Nah he was pretty manageable as long as your enchanter is on his toes and doesn't get eaten on a break. Idk of they are supposed to be charm able or not, wouldn't surprise me if they weren't supposed to be though, they are op.

Danth 03-05-2014 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Castigate (Post 1217498)
Anyone know if the pre-buff versions of drops from these places were upgraded? Or will they stay the same even post revamp making farming these drops somewhat pointless beforehand?

The items I had at the time (ie, Paladin sword from Velks) were upgraded even if you already had them. I cannot speak for all such items.

Danth

Silent 03-05-2014 10:18 PM

I sincerely hope velks is changed to how it should be, I just zoned in and tried to kill a spider self buffed with fortitude. I got it to about 87% before I had to zone, mind you I snuck hide and opened on this thing with a double 400 backstab. followed by lots for 60-90 hits for almost a minute before zoning. The lowest I took it was about 79%. I didn't log the total hp I did, But their HP is VERY VERY high. I remember soloing here on my 55 non-fungi epic monk. Yes it was difficult, But I was able to kill spiders and bandage/heal up before engaging the next one to grind exp. Right now these spiders have crazy HP

citizen1080 03-06-2014 12:17 AM

Newsflash: Rogues can't solo

=)