Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Orc

Default Which version of Velketor's Labyrinth will we be getting?

Many may not remember, but Velks was actually revamped about 6 months after Velious launched. It took me a while to find info on this change, and I started to wonder if I was misremembering. The patch archives on ZAM didn't say a word about it. However, I did manage to find some comments on ZAM about the zone changes, such as follows:

Jun 29 2001. Post titled "Velks upgrade"
"As of the patch on 5/27/01 alot of the loot in Velks was upgraded and some other odd changes in the zone also. As far as I can tell all the armor drops from the k0b0ldz have been boosted, the crappy spider fur collar (random loot) is now AC 10 +7 str +7 svc +7 svm I believe.

The entrance spiders have all been upgraded. However they do not proc poison vellium poison now (this may get fixed later). Kobolds seem to be about the same difficulty as before. Haven't worked our way to the golems to see how tough they are or if the armor drops have been upgraded.

Xp is noticibly better (the entrance spiders are actually great, too bad they are such a pain in the ass to pull).
--
[56 Meatshield] Cornelia <Agony> - Vazaelle"

Jul 09 2001. Post titled "NEW VL"
"OK , here the skinny on NEW VL. the MoBs at zone in are blue to 60 yet really easy to kill. Great XP at lvl 57 i get 1 blue an hour if only group at zone ( 57war, 56 bard , 58 cleric, 57 wiz, 57 druid, 57 chanter ) Go do the Kobolds in huts at top good XP ,( 1/2 to 3/4 blue per hour ) and great money ( average 20 pp per kill )
We think the zone is broke but till VI fixes it this is the zone to be in [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]"

Worth noting: the ZAM archives don't reference a patch on 5/27/01 as the above post does. Have had trouble finding a direct mention of the revamp outside of these two posts. I went through some of the bestiary section mobs, but not all (very time consuming). Some random google searches for some form of Velketor's Labyrinth (such as just 'velks') brought me this post from the Druid's Grove, which may or may not be referring to the revamp:

07-05-2001:
"maybe I should try spiders in velks with a ranger friend, or LDCs. I have heard velks in insane now and seb is empty it seems =)

Durinstorm -- 55 druid -- drinal" - http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-2386.html

Anyway, I have no idea what Nilbog has planned as far as Velk's goes. I liked that it eventually became the only real PUG zone for 50+ players in Velious, especially because I personally disliked Karnors/Seb/HS. If anyone else has any memories/evidence of this change I'd appreciate seeing it, or hearing Nilbog's thoughts on this.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:22 PM
Planar Protector

If enough information is compiled, hopefully, both versions.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

Well it looks like this thread will push back the release of Velious 3 months lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ele is chomping at the bit. So much for a Christmas Present.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well it looks like this thread will push back the release of Velious 3 months lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ele is chomping at the bit. So much for a Christmas Present.
Integrity > early release!
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 12-12-2013, 07:49 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I say that about my poops.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Sarnak

It's not only velks that got revamped, many of the loots in velious were upgraded in that undocumented patch.

http://www.thesafehouse.org/forums/s...ead.php?t=5821

People seem to forget that Verant had the bad habit of stealth changing stuff, this is a good example of it.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Highly debatable statement. I'm not sure integrity is even the appropriate word to use here and early release is kind of thrown out by this point.

I know people strive for classic, but this thread is more depressing than it is exciting. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 12-12-2013, 02:37 PM
Sarnak

Depressing why? You'd rather have crap loot?
Old 12-12-2013, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know people strive for classic, but this thread is more depressing than it is exciting. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having a GOOD poop can be fairly exciting. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxomatosii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I say that about my poops.
girlfriend does not like early release [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

just kidding. I don't have a girlfriend [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread