Project 1999

Project 1999 (/forums/index.php)
-   Blue Server Chat (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Which version of Velketor's Labyrinth will we be getting? (/forums/showthread.php?t=130743)

Scrubosaur 03-10-2014 02:18 AM

I only remember hearing about monks with fungi and a t-staff being able to solo in Velks, but that was before the monk AC nerf. After that it was back to groups only for exp in Velks.

Lyrith 03-10-2014 09:30 AM

Only thing I really recall about Velks was it was THE place to level in your higher 50's no questions asked. However My characters were already max level.

I will say for reading purposes in this thread it would be smart to make a thread for Velks in the Velious Beta forums AS WELL as one for Siren's Grotto.

baalzy 03-10-2014 11:25 AM

At 60 in Luclin Velks was the place to be for lvl 60's to solo for AAs (including warriors). I think though, Velks @ launch was a rough place and then it got severely toned down after a little bit.

Xelris 03-10-2014 04:15 PM

A lot of people didn't experience the original version. Velks was near-deserted by all but raid groups for a while because the zone was strait rape. After the revamp you could do fine with a rag tag group of whatever, but before it, soloing spiders was out of the question (due to a really nasty dot proc, hitting too hard and lots of MR and hp on spiders).

It took a very well tuned group to go anywhere, and even then there were no guarantees because CCing was kind of a nightmare.