View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 12:34 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Discovery and Orville fit two completely different show types. One is Drama/Action, other is Comedy. Not to say you can't enjoy both. I bet MacFarlane will have quite the laugh if Orville ends up being more successful, but then again that might be more due to it being broadcast on Fox instead of the All Access bullshit.

I liked both. The entrance to Discovery so far feels more like a Pre-lude to what the show will settle into. Instead of starting the show off directly on the Discovery and learning what happened to Michael to get there, it shows us directly, and now the real story begins on Discovery. So I feel like we haven't even settled into the core story yet. We're being introduced to the background/past of the main character and the catalyst of the events which started this war.

Also, I wasn't a Star Trek fan before the rebooted movies came out, so I never really watched any of the previous series. I enjoyed the movies, and so far I enjoy this show.

Orville I expected to be more comedy and satire, but it's quickly settling into it's own full show.

Project 1999 Setup Guide