View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 01:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As you may or may not remember, I made a post a while back about levelling a bard to match my 56/57 warrior to duo forager cycle with my brother.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=296925

Heated debate ensued about wether that combo was possible, what level, and how to physically do it.

I think the only way it will be possible is to charm spam the nameds and have the warrior run inteference if shit goes down. Level 39 at absolute minimum, may go to 40-46-52 depending on how owned we get.
Level up to low/mid 50s, you're going to spend more time on CR, zoning adds and generally wasting time than farming it at 39.

Quote:
With this goal specifically in mind, what gear should I be after, there's obviously bard gearing guides, but I'm talking specifically about this camp.
Specifically hunter/forager? Silken cat-fur girdles, ceremonial iksar chestplates and iksar hide masks. All three can be 'bard gear' and sell for the plat that we all crave.

Quote:
I tried to camp that goblin invis animal ring and the camp made me want to kill myself.... How important/usefull would that be outside of easier kills for exp? (Becuase we'd be after loot) What about that Tishans orb thing, is it really that good?
Get your brother to make a pet class (enchanter/mage/necro) and PL it with your bard until 29. Use that to farm Gazughi rings. I say 29 so you can kill wandering soothsayers easily. Farming it as a meleer is taking an already grueling camp and turning it into self flagellation. Gazughi ring is only important if you plan on charm kiting a bunch. If not its just a soulless plat camp for low levels. Once you can kill felwithe guards/giants you're better off doing those than gobo rings (camped over a dozen rings).

Orb of Tishan isn't 'really that good' here because it doesn't stack with an Enchanter's tash like it did during classic on Live. They might have fixed this since Velious but I doubt it. Sadly a lot of the fun tricks of being a bard don't work on this server.
Last edited by Crawdad; 06-24-2018 at 02:11 PM..