Thread: Royal Rumble
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 01:30 PM
Banned

Default Royal Rumble

Who do you guys think will win the Rumble?

There are many things to consider here. The #1 being that whoever has the championship will be headlining Wrestlemania. The Rock has already publicly stated he will be wrestling at mania, and this is presumably the Undertakers last ride as well. Then again, Lesnar has unbelievable star power and Cena is also a go to guy for big name matches that sell tickets to huge events. If I had to do a power ranking, it would go something like this

1) Triple H returns and wins the title, he has been out so this would add some pop and be a big match for Wrestlemania for whoever he fights
2) The Rock returns and win the title, always a fan favorite
3) Lesner - seems unlikely to me at this point
4) Roman Reigns overcomes all odds and they try to push him as a top star - also seems unlikely unless they realize they need to actually push young guys
5)Undertaker - His match will have enough starpower around it, you basically remove a huge match from Mania by combining Takers annual match and the Championship match
6) Seth Rollins or Daniel Bryant return - again, seems very unlikely that even if they were healthy they would win.
7) Cena - this has been done so many times, would be disappointing
8) Randy Orton - he has been so quiet lately that maybe this is his big return
9) Bray Wyatt - not big enough of a star yet IMO to headline Mania
10) They go off the grid and someone no one could possibly predict wins

Triples H's absence is conspicuous enough for me to believe he will come and win, resulting in a push for the Authority narrative that is on the brink of exhaustion.