Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 05:16 AM
Orc

Default Popular zones for grouping and levelling

Hi all,

Coming back after many years, so me might remember the infamous Cleric Pepe, Probably not tho...

I am levelling a new character and I play in off peak ie morning time in the US

Is it realistic to expect finding groups at that time of the day and is yes what is THE zone per level where one might get the best chance of grouping?

So far I found
01 - 10 - not much, got a couple of groups in EC
10 - 14 - Crushbones was good
14 - 16 - Oasis also good

what's next?
Old 04-20-2017, 05:22 AM
Aviak

Join a guild. its another easy way to find groups
16-20 unrest/kurns
20-40 mistmoore/guk
40-50 com
50-60 KC/Seb

these are the most populated zones
Old 04-20-2017, 08:38 AM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure I stayed entirely on Kunark until I hit 49 or so, then left to start working on my epic.

Think I did:
Kurns up to 20
Swamp of No Hope 21-32 (underrated zone for when you're higher level, newb area sucks)
Frontier Mountains / Warsilk Woods up to 37
Overthere up to 46
Dreadlands up to 49
Old 04-20-2017, 09:48 AM
Fire Giant

Some zones are popular to the point of being too crowded, sometimes people fight over every mob. Zones that can be this way are:

Mistmoore
City of mist
KC

I try to avoid those zones, at least in the most popular times.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

13-20: Oasis

20-41: Mistmoore

41-45: Dreadlands

45-54: Guards across Norrath

54-60: KC

This is the easiest path I think.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:23 AM
Aviak

1-4 gfay
4-14 crushbone
14-27 unrest
27-39 mistmoore
39-50 CoM or yeti caves in DL
50-54 Shitty KC or CoM up on 2nd/3rd
54-60 seb or HS

Not sure why everyone wants to go to MM at 20, but there is only one camp you can do at that level - pond. With unrest you have FP camp or basement, which are both better than pond. By 27 you can do still do pond, but it also opens up GY and , if you are lucky, CE.

KC is probably the worst zone in the game. Get in and get out asap - loot there is miserable and the exp is mediocre at best. I'd stick to doing 2nd or 3rd in CoM.

The levels you can leave a zone and go to a new one lately depend on your class too. As a cleric you can go everywhere earlier whereas a chanter you usually want to be a little higher level.

Some other fun zones for the real heads are cazic Thule, lower guk, chardok and other places less travelled.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirryDaKir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure why everyone wants to go to MM at 20, but there is only one camp you can do at that level - pond. With unrest you have FP camp or basement, which are both better than pond. By 27 you can do still do pond, but it also opens up GY and , if you are lucky, CE.
I just always found UR XP to not be nearly as awesome as the zone modifier should make it. I also found more douchebaggery in UR, from trains to just annoying people soloing in there causing problems with pulls etc.

I found it more frustrating in UR than anything.

There's other lvl 20 spots too, other than MM or UR, I think people just mention MM because it's a solid place to find a lvl 20-29 group at anytime of the day and it's solid consistent XP.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:01 PM
Banned

I am a fan of orcs at Highhold Pass from 18-23, but grouping can be spotty sometimes. The perks are you can get Shiny Brass Idol drops that sell for 500pp and you can also sell or turn in orc scalps for extra PP/XP. Plus from about 23/24-31 there is no better XP spot in the entire game than Highpass Keep. You can make tons of money there because vendors/bank are literally a 10 second run from the camp and the goblins drop phat loots for their level. Goblins ears also sell for way to muchm like 25pp per ear to other players. 31-40 Castle Entrance in Mistmoore is a must for me, but that's also because I just like MM.
Last edited by Spyder73; 04-20-2017 at 12:03 PM..
Old 04-20-2017, 12:03 PM
Planar Protector

Obligatory plug for the Hole here as a good 50+ option. Avoid KC, it is EQ Aids.

You can send tells to pug 1-2 people and easily duo / trio a lot of camps in the Hole with a wide variety of classes. It is never crowded, tons of unused camps. Zone can easily accommodate 60-80 people if spread out between camps.

Requires some learning of where to fight, but once you get used to where to go, it is a real nice zone. Drops of Loam / Withered Leather / Paineel Steel Armor are fairly common depending on your camp.

If you gain a higher level of understanding with which mobs are on separate faction, use of the teleporters, path routes, use of faction alts to gain access to areas/buffs, Anti-Summon pet weapons, etc then you can really do some damage here. You won't look back!
Closed Thread