Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 07:58 AM
Planar Protector

Default Why do all female halflings call you "hun"?

Is there some unwritten rule that when someone plays a female halfling (and to a lesser degree any other female) the player must call you "hun"?

I know this is classic, but you guys (literally) need to stop this. Thank you. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-12-2016, 08:14 AM
Fire Giant

Ive noticed this also
Old 10-12-2016, 09:30 AM
Planar Protector

Ever had it from a troll or ogre?
Old 10-12-2016, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

I don't understand how a guy can play a female character. I tried and never got past level 1. Just doesn't feel right.
Old 10-12-2016, 09:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand how a guy can play a female character. I tried and never got past level 1. Just doesn't feel right.
They like the sound effect when a female takes melee damage...

Old 10-12-2016, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On other games I found female chars appearance and movements neat, so I could play both female and males but on eq1, I tend to only play males.

Only female I have leveled past 10 on p99 is an iksar female necro. I think the female iksar actually moves better than the male iksar, especially when they run. Male iksars have this weird steppy-toe bounce they run with, and they look stupid from behind with robes on too. The female iksar runs more naturally, and doesn't look stupid in a robe.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On other games I found female chars appearance and movements neat, so I could play both female and males but on eq1, I tend to only play males.

Only female I have leveled past 10 on p99 is an iksar female necro. I think the female iksar actually moves better than the male iksar, especially when they run. Male iksars have this weird steppy-toe bounce they run with, and they look stupid from behind with robes on too. The female iksar runs more naturally, and doesn't look stupid in a robe.

I totally agree. And Iksar female doesn't really look female. You just get wicked cool face paint and a skinny tail.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 10-12-2016, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Because the only ones who play female halflings are men who as a lot in general dont really understand women and that is the most convincing language they can think to employ in their deception.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:39 AM
Sarnak

They're addicted to "honey", which over time as they go deeper into their addiction, becomes "hun". It is a very serious problem in Rivervale and has claimed many halfling lives.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:40 AM
Fire Giant

Exactly. My wife plays a female halfling here (sometimes). She doesn't even call me "hun". Probably because she doesn't want me to vomit on her feet, but hey...