Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2017, 04:01 PM
Banned

Default Logistics of No Drop twinking

I have decided that I am going to make a tank... Shadowknight most likely...but which ever tank doesn't really matter. That brings me to my favorite thing to do in EQ!!! Twink a new char!!! And I am thinking about going full tilt on this one.

So that got me to perusing the forums for gear recommendations, and for SHD especially, I kept seeing Sword of Pain (NO DROP) pop up. I figure that my monk and a shaman could probably duo ourselves into lower dogs easy enough...then I started thinking of the logistics of getting a level 1 shadowknight into the lower dogs pit and realized it would take a lot of help. I don't think a level 1 could survive the jump into pit (Maybe with HP buffs?) but would probably be easier to just get rez'd into the pit, would definitely need a port out or a necro summons/rez). I guess in theory I could have a necromancer do the rez and the summons out.

Then I started thinking if a level 1 can even get to Velks. Is there a level requirement to enter the zone since Velkator is a raid target?

Just curious to see if there is something I am not considering in this equation here. If I can run a level 1 SK from Neriak to WC, port to iceclad, run to Velks, get dragged to pit, rez/loot/die, then get corpse summoned to ent...is there anything I am not considering that would throw sh!t into the fan?

Also are there any better camps to get a No Drop knight weapon that a Mnk/Shm or Nec/Shm could camp?

The alternative to this is I have a Stave of Shielding on my monk that I could easily transfer and it has a decent ratio (17/28) or I could buy an Ebon Mace. But I think it would be kinda cool to get a No Drop velious sword on a lvl 1