Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True agaron, but really if you wanted to sell items quietly you really dont need more than one account to do that. I think Jilena put it best with "taking up more bandwidth and server resources." I guess my point was boxing two characters never "ruined" a server in eq live, which is what ive seen a few people say. In fact it kept eq alive because unlike here, when you boxed there you actually had to pay to use those resources. Using wow as a reference is kinda moot. People boxed full groups in eq classic and sold items from very early on long before wow. For most people in the community it was in fact pretty transparent. But rest assured as long as people are getting free service on this account i support 1 account per person 100%. I just didnt consider the limited resources before it makes a lot of sense, thanks jilena.
I'll agree they never ruined a server, they however have ruined economies, and the social aspects (which are everything in EQ) At what point do we say STOP rule wise? My son and I both have accounts here, we come from the same top level IP and have an exception, but people playing two, three, four accounts by themselves? If the server admins slack up there, whats next? Bots? 1? 2? MQ? its a snowball, period.

Also, its the rules that count, not the "spirit" of the rules here. I know some posters here that say they don't have a problem with boxing, there is nothing wrong with it, and we should cut people a break. Ignorance of the rules is no excuse, and those that get banned, absolutely deserve it, regardless of wether or not you feel its right or wrong.