Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2013, 06:48 AM
Sarnak

Default What is "Poofing" to Sirken?

1. Read in the most broad sense "poofing" could refer to logging into the server before your character has been automatically dropped, thus forcing that character out of game. Basically if you have an ip exemption and legitimately LD you would have no way of knowing when you could log back into the server without being potentially banned unless someone in game could tell you once your character had dropped.

2. Read another way "poofing" could specifically refer to logging into the server within a certain amount of time after going LD with aggro to try to drop that aggro (still a somewhat unclear judgment call, how much time? was it intentional?). Perhaps dropping from world within 30s of going LD? I really don't know.

3. Read in the most narrow sense "poofing" could refer to using a second client to instantly leave the game without going LD at all (I think this is what prompted this response in the first place). If read in this way it would allow DA /q to be useable but limit players by requiring DA otherwise you're likely to die trying.

Currently I'm reading this in the most broad sense #1, because I would rather be careful and avoid months of work being crushed by the ban hammer, but I'd love some clarification.