Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Planar Protector

I think the 3rd and 5th dungeons of the dark world are my least favorite.

in 3 theres so much back and forth the skeletons that dont die without bombs that fall from the cieling and the boss is a pain in the ass, conveyor belt taking you in all 4 directions randomly while spikes fly from all sides.

the 5th with ice is long and again you have to go through it hit a switch to turn orange blue or something go all the way around again to do something else. pain in the ass.

still amazing

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 07-07-2013, 07:17 PM
Fire Giant

The way that do pronounced Puyallup on the shadow run video was LOL

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn"
- "In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."

Old 07-07-2013, 08:11 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

in 3 theres so much back and forth the skeletons that dont die without bombs that fall from the cieling and the boss is a pain in the ass, conveyor belt taking you in all 4 directions randomly while spikes fly from all sides.

the 5th with ice is long and again you have to go through it hit a switch to turn orange blue or something go all the way around again to do something else. pain in the ass.

still amazing
The boss in the third dungeon really pissed me off, bastard kept pushing me off the ledge making restart that whole fucking fight. I haven't gotten that pissed at a videogame in a long time.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

still amazing
I didn't like the dark world forest dungeon either, it was poorly designed to the point if you did it a certain way you could clear it and still have a key left over.

The Ice fortress was a tedious endeavor to be sure, I make a point to skip it and go to the 6th dungeon first so you can have the Cane of Somaria and are able to bypass all that crap, this makes things even more interesting in the 6th dungeon because without the blue armor everything hits you for 4 hearts (boss hits you for 8) so it becomes a very satisfying challenge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novoselic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The boss in the third dungeon really pissed me off, bastard kept pushing me off the ledge making restart that whole fucking fight. I haven't gotten that pissed at a videogame in a long time.
I found it to be a necessary evil, it's the only boss in the game where you need to actively fight it as opposed to sitting in a corner spamming the B button while occasionally lazily dodging.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i second shining force. emphasis on shining force 2.

try also might & magic 6 or 7 (not heroes)

borderlands 2 (love the humor in this game)

civ 4 with the master of mana mod
Casting my vote with Shining Force 2 - love this game.

Also any of the Final Fantasy series - although 4,6,7,8,9 would be my preferred choices.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:47 PM
Aviak

most games being recomended are pretty old. If you have a Wii or WiiU, try Xenoblade Chronicls. I just finished the game and it's phenomenal.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:51 PM
Aviak

Any Fallout title ever made.

If you like Baldur's Gate, go for the first 2. If you like Morrowind/Oblivion/Syrim, go for New Vegas. Insane cult following of the first two-- one of the first games I ever really fell in love with when I was in middle school.

I've dumped some serious time into New Vegas and I still love the game.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Aviak

Any good browser based games?
Old 07-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Banned

DRAGON MOTHERFUCKING WARRIOR
Old 07-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I make a point to skip it and go to the 6th dungeon first so you can have the Cane of Somaria and are able to bypass all that crap, this makes things even more interesting in the 6th dungeon because without the blue armor everything hits you for 4 hearts (boss hits you for 8) so it becomes a very satisfying challenge.
I've never done that as many times as ive played through, I now have a new found interest in the game and will probably replay it and try to make it as hard as possible, no red boomerang no magic arrows (until gannon) no upgraded armor, no extra heart pieces.

Yeah, that sounds like it will be fun ) especially skipping dungeons when i can

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Closed Thread