Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 02:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This sounds just like the War on Drugs.If you don't understand this,then you are more than likely one of the very few that actually think the war on drugs work LOL.
Man, the war on drugs is totally working! I know that I've personally taken thousands of dollars off the market. Chalk up a win for the little guys.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0lkien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm personally hoping the answer to this is the next lot of revelations.
From what I understand he made money by buying in bulk and then parting it out, like most retailers do.

So he would buy 1 mil for $0.50/1k ($500) and then piece it out for $1.99/1k ($1,999) Now he turns around and buys another million while pocketing $1,499. Once you find someone who has access to millions of plat and is interested in selling it to you in large chunks it is just a matter of time before you have flipped it enough times to be able to start buying 5mil chunks, 10 mil chunks etc.

So this discussion turns into, if platlord = drug dealer, the population = drug users.. who is the guy making the drugs to sell to platlord? Who has access to millions of plat etc? =P

On a side note, it is crazy that 25 mil plat, 30 mana stones and a billion other items went out of circulation and the economy really hasn't changed a whole lot. I guess this is just due to the money/items being out of the economy for so long that the loss didn't change anything.. heck that almost means platlord worked as counter-inflation =P
Old 07-15-2013, 02:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopretni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I assume through lots of tedious grinding like how most RMT bullshit in MMOs goes on?
Most RMT in video games are backed by exploiting and duping, not grinding. I mean just look at live EQ during Luclin that had the bazaar dupe in the game for months before removing it and basically ruined the economy of every server.
Last edited by Widan; 07-15-2013 at 02:11 PM..
Old 07-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Fire Giant

I am a professional BattleShip player, we do whatever we want too.

And yes, I sunk your battleship.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevengeofGio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wonder why everyone is so focused on banning buyers and not finding out how the gear is actually getting to Platlord?

How are there so many manastones, cloak flames, AoN's in his list......???

No one wondering?
There was a rumor at the time of the last banwave that all of the items on that spreadsheet were checked and had never dropped from mobs.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:12 PM
Aviak

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you know who he is, and when he logs on, why not just make a script that auto-kicks and bans?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honeypot_%28computing%29
Old 07-15-2013, 02:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopretni [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I assume through lots of tedious grinding like how most RMT bullshit in MMOs goes on? Not enough accounts to pilfer like WoW so grinding is the way to go. Is there a totally unrealistic amount on the server or something that can't be attributed to some kind of drop rate bug or unintentional duping?

I think what's of interest is determining how the inventory comes to him then, yeah. If it's not having lots of people grinding for him then... exploits? GMs or high billing raiders on his payroll?
Well the big ticket items aren't grinded. Everything on his list would be nigh impossible to grind on this server.

So that leaves exploit, GM help, Raid guild help.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The post has done little but made everyone read and repeat "Platlord, Platlord, Platlord" over and over.

I'd be interested to see if there's a spike in orders today.
Good! The more people that "stumble" into that black hole the better.

And Ephi, kick 'em in their shins, too! Woohoo!
Old 07-15-2013, 02:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most RMT in video games are backed by exploiting and duping, not grinding. I mean just look at live EQ during Luclin that had the bazaar dupe in the game for months before removing it and basically ruined the economy of every server.
Eh, WoW was notorious for chinese gold farming operations where they could pay super cheap labor to sit and monitor bots doing trivial tasks all day (Gathering herbs, killing shit for tiny amounts of money/kill & hopefully getting a rare drop).

Since WoW was so big there are more than a few articles out there talking about these huge gold farming operations where you could pay $15/month for 30 accounts but manage to churn out a decent profit line.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...et-gaming-scam
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/06/17/ma...anted=all&_r=0

Given that all involved using bots, but not the same as pure exploit/dupes.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:18 PM
Banned

My suggestion is if you legitamately buy a high end item (item not account) that you log the date and time in case you log in to a "banned" screen.

Been there, done that, produced date + time and it got sorted out.

I'd rather one man get his account locked for a week or two than RMTers go unpunished.
Closed Thread