Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 10:19 PM
Kobold

Hours upon hours put forth to lock down mobs and get loot.
This IS the essence of Classic EQ. That doesn't mean it was a good system. That's why over the course of time it changed. If you disagree, please tell me why most every MMO to date has exclusive instanced content?

The elitist attitude some people have almost justifies trolling and griefing the fuck out of people in game. If anything, it sounds almost like a reason TO play.

Collateral damage I say. Trainers gunna train.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I guess keeping a force of 15+ in a zone for days doesn't constitute as time invested? Time we could be using to play our characters and get rich/have high-level fun, but instead we sacrifice this time in order to get chances at the best loot in the game. No, its not fun, but its what we must do to get what we desire most.

You people either have less desire or less ability or both, so don't go blaming others that you cannot get anything done currently, cause I know damn well basically nobody is trying.

rotation < poopsocking < first to engage
Your guild had a posting stating that the ONLY reason you were poopsocking was because DA did it, thus making both guilds bend the rules. you guys didn't favor the camping situation then and actually preferred a race to targets with tracking, what's changed? Furthermore, the argument isn't about time invested, it's about effort put in. As things stand now, time spent in a zone afk does not equal effort, and if you really think that time = effort than you're delusional. Up until your members left and you've been recruiting these new applicants you didn't even bother clearing planes. You'd quite comfortably sit behind firewall or at ledge, or ZI in hate and just track until it got there, while other guilds around you were actually actively clearing.

As of right now, there's only 1 difference between your guild and one of the guilds you consider to be putting in less time, and that's the willingness to go afk in a zone for 5 days straight. It's pathetic that you're grasping onto it as if it's the only thing you have left.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You people either have less desire or less ability or both, so don't go blaming others that you cannot get anything done currently, cause I know damn well basically nobody is trying.
Hey welcome to the discussion. I invite you to actually read the thread and post with an understanding of what has already been said in the posts.

I do not desire to poopsock as it is not in the spirit of the game. Racing and mobilization is. I have the ability...but with ability you must then give up your opinion on the other aspect to do anything about it.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:27 PM
Sarnak

Well my monk's stuck in sol b right now and I can say it kinda sucks. IDK how it's "not effort" to have your main stuck somewhere for 5 days. Can't farm with your main, can't raid planes, can't go after other targets, can't play that character at all basically.

I think you mean it doesn't show skill or anything, which I agree with. I'm certainly in favor of changes. I'd rather be tracking/killing.

Astarothel - Yes? Care to elaborate? Theoretically it'd put us back at tracking/killing, hopefully with minimal GM involvement. If people were still camping, the warnings could disappear and suspensions could be lengthened, so that the anti-camping measure was more preventative w/ less GM involvement required.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:28 PM
Orc

Send a message via ICQ to Hogwash Send a message via AIM to Hogwash Send a message via Yahoo to Hogwash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can say that right now..it will be 1. DA/IB/WI/Divinity are all currently perma camping Vox/Inny/Nagafen/CT. You can bet that as soon as a dragon/god dies that guild will not leave to go try and get in on Vox...they will stay right there and keep camping the boss until a guild offers to swap.
6 divinity in permafrost = pemra camp? half of these are trackers sir.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But the point is you understand there's a serious flaw in the system and then, hypothetically, would still be voting no in an attempt to kill more dragons/gods with complete disregard for the "right" answer because someone above you tells you to. That's not only unreasonable, but self-degrading.

EDIT: along with a lack of faith in your guild for actual raiding tactics and the acknowledgment that the only way you'll continue to be successful is through poopsocking.
I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that being a good guild member means to be fashionably rebellious. I'll support the decisions my guild's officers make, and I would expect you would too.

I seem to recall Supreme asking for the "trolling" to go to Rants and Flames. You may insult me there, if you like.

Edit - Tactics? TACTICS? Please man, this is Classic EQ, it isn't a game for Chess Grandmasters. The summation of raiding tactics is how many people answer their cell phones and text messages and mobilize to the location of whatever mob a mostly-AFK tracker caught on their track window while watching Arrested Development. Where those players are currently and how far they have to run is the entirety of your "tactics." Everything else is pulling and zone knowledge, and politics, politics, politics!
Last edited by Humwawa; 07-25-2010 at 10:36 PM..
Old 07-25-2010, 10:43 PM
Banned

Sorry, but somehow the argument of the person who plays EQ the least gets to reap the most benefit just doesn't jive with me, and I don't think I'm in the minority.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sure, let's give them another reason to mass recruit!
Targets have been camped with as many as 40-50 from a single guild in a zone at once, 30 is an easily attainable number that doesn't address the issue.
It is not only easily attainable, it is also far more than you need for a raid. We killed Inny with 19 the other day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
I <3 detriment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronjer View Post
10 years ago I split up as well with my ex gf over EQ. Didn't even realize her move out, as I was raiding at this time.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noleafclover [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IDK how it's "not effort" to have your main stuck somewhere for 5 days. Can't farm with your main, can't raid planes, can't go after other targets, can't play that character at all basically.
What you just described is the opposite of effort. As Skope stated, its not skill, its not organization, its not effort, and its not "hardcore". It is simply a willingness to not play your character for days so no other guilds can kill a target which you feel you deserve or have earned for being camped there AFK for days prior to it spawning, because a rule allows it.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:03 PM
Orc

Let's just bring on the SZ rules and be done with it - no gm intervention.

Nothing is going to compete with guilds who have learned to work around the safeguards made in a different time on the server. That's why the rules have to be expandable enough to provide for additional guilds. Until that happens history is going to continue repeating itself. Both DA and IB are going to have to give some ground, and neither seem willing to do that in any official manner.