Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 11:32 PM
Planar Protector

So many people online, so few GM's.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-26-2010, 04:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So many people online, so few GM's.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Almost anytime i needed a gm yet at least one was online. Much more than i regognize in live, and they doing better jobs (for free!) .

Nice to see how the population keeps growing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-26-2010, 05:42 AM
Kobold

Just out of interest, how many people can the server handle before it runs into problems? Could it handle 2000 like the old live servers did?
Old 07-26-2010, 07:09 AM
Sarnak

While we're shooting questions at server staff: how's the backup situation in case a meteor hits your house? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-26-2010, 08:14 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just out of interest, how many people can the server handle before it runs into problems? Could it handle 2000 like the old live servers did?
Old live servers were made in 1999.. Compare possible technologies available then and now. HUGE difference.. I know I first played EQ on a Dual PPro/200. That was somewhat decent hardware for its time.

Now, dedicated hosted servers doing serious stuff should be running quad cores or core i7's.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Almost anytime i needed a gm yet at least one was online. Much more than i regognize in live, and they doing better jobs (for free!) .

Nice to see how the population keeps growing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My satisfaction with the GM's is at least 1000 times more than that of the GM's back on Live. Still, I was on three nights in a row at peak hours, two nights with no GM's on to answer my [extremely important] petition, and one night a GM was on but he didn't respond (even when I sent him a direct tell - I know this is wrong but I was desperate!)

I basically can't play the game until a GM logs on coincidentally at the same time as me. I just assumed there'd be at least one online while 800+ people were on.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:17 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My satisfaction with the GM's is at least 1000 times more than that of the GM's back on Live. Still, I was on three nights in a row at peak hours, two nights with no GM's on to answer my [extremely important] petition, and one night a GM was on but he didn't respond (even when I sent him a direct tell - I know this is wrong but I was desperate!)

I basically can't play the game until a GM logs on coincidentally at the same time as me. I just assumed there'd be at least one online while 800+ people were on.
you should use forum petition section not ingame petitions.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:46 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Word of mouth + viral is why this is occurring. I heard about this on Reddit and I told my friends. Now 5 of us are playing.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:56 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasser [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Word of mouth + viral is why this is occurring. I heard about this on Reddit and I told my friends. Now 5 of us are playing.
Indeed, I was playing EQ2, was kinda new to it, kinda playing with a 'ho hum' attitude..

Then someone in chat mentioned this in the course of 'old EQ chatting'.
Now I'm here, wife joined, friend joined, and son might too.

Kinda funny on my son's part, he always wanted to play EQ with us 'back in the day' - but he was young then. Few years later and WoW burn-out and he'll get a chance now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And I'm STILL having tons more fun than with any of the 'new' MMOs, and I tried a LOT of them.

WoW, AoC, DDO, LoTRO, Shayia (however it's spelled), Perfect World, Warhammer, EQ2, Vanguard... might be forgetting one or two.

And NONE comes close to classic EQ, in all honesty.

Thanks again Nilbog and others!
Old 07-26-2010, 11:31 AM
Orc

Tbh, there is something relaxing in all that mindless grinden. I turn off volume (although MIDI tunes are awsome [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ), turn on the radio, listen to my favourite radio show and enjoy.
Closed Thread