Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Aviak

Default Former Sullon Zek Player - Coming to Red

Hey Red,

I've toyed with the idea of joining Red for far too long - it's time to take the plunge. Started on Sullon Zek the day it launched, and I've finally become too hungry to relive my roots again, so I'm coming to Red.

A couple of questions:

1.) Classes - how is the class breakdown on Red? I rocked a Monk on Sullon back in the day and don't want to go that route again. Any suggestions? I'm open to anything really, just want to hear your thoughts.

2.) Guild - All of my buddies I played with back in the day have left EQ behind and I haven't been able to convince them to come back...yet. That said, I'm looking at a potentially lonely trek up to the top. Any guilds recruiting and willing to lend a hand to a seasoned PvP'er looking to get into the meat of the Red server?

3.) Wisdom - Any general thoughts or tidbits of insight you'd like to share with someone coming into the server for the first time?

Thanks in advance for the feedback everyone, looking forward to trying to relive the "Down and Coined" days!
Old 07-28-2013, 07:43 PM
Fire Giant

1.) Maybe try a rogue, another pure dps class with some cool abilities like backstab and poisons.

2.)Guild <Classic> usually recruits new people. <Nihilum> usually recruits anyone beneficial (50+ chars). My guild, <Heresy> recruits friends or good pvpers.

3.) Stick with it, leveling will indeed be a testament of sullon zek prowess. XP is bumped slightly, groups are harder this late in the game, and twinks are very common.

Overall, I suggest making friends where you can. Decide what path you want to take by pvping guilds you don't want to join. Every pvp death is announced so we can track your kills and deaths. Good luck!
Old 07-28-2013, 08:00 PM
Aviak

Hey thanks Silikten, that was very helpful.

See you in game.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:01 PM
Fire Giant

First off, welcome to the server.

Always welcome when new folks join to breath more life into a server which needs more people to populate it!

1)If you played a Monk, you could give Rogue a go, they're pretty fun, and you can do some pretty sneaky shit and get some awesome backstabs off on unsuspecting victims. Poison is quite OP too, if used in the right manner.

2)I'm not really sure about this as I just started on the server about a week ago, and I play off and on. If I had a crew to roll with, it would certainly be more often.

3)Make friends when the opportunity presents itself, friends and allies will only benefit you - also, to make money leveling up (I'm sure you know this already.) save all the bonechips, spiderling silks, and other stuff like crushbone pads/deathfist belts and sell them to other players for money to upgrade your gear when the time comes.

All in all, welcome to the server! Have a good one here, and if you do in fact convince your friends to come on over, that would be great.

P99B Strazha (60 Warlock) [Iksar]
P99B Sstrix (60 Warlord) [Iksar]
P99B Sickjams (5 Bard) [EC Mule]
P99G Sauna (51 Channeler) [Gnome]
P99R Sseri (54 Mystic) [Iksar]
VZ/TZ '08-'09 Lurgort (60 Shaman) [Barbarian] <Eight Inches Unbuffed>
Old 07-28-2013, 08:12 PM
Aviak

Thanks Sseri, looking forward to seeing you in game.

I'll be posting my character name once the server comes up and I'm able to create him - and once I decide on a class! Rogue is definitely looking good to me right now...
Old 07-28-2013, 08:15 PM
Banned

Whoever convinced you to play rogue should prob provide you with a fungi and ragebringer MQ or else they are being cruel.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:19 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Whoever convinced you to play rogue should prob provide you with a fungi and ragebringer MQ or else they are being cruel.
I know it's going to be a rough road, but Sullon made me love it that way.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

if i could have done it all over, i would have def made a wizard. unlimited ranged aes is re-damn diculous.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:28 PM
Banned

Server does need solid monks/pullers too. Whatever you want to play play, just be advised melees are rough without helping hands.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:01 PM
Aviak

Thanks for the continued feedback guys, appreciate it.
Closed Thread