Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 09:35 PM
Fire Giant

Leave the class restrictions as is. You wanna zerg evil? Then you get no paladins rangers and druids.

Good/neutrals get no shadowknight/necromancer.

I assure you a good number of people would come from blue/etc. It won't be staggering, but more than this cesspool is now.
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Problem with teams servers is we have 10% the population of live
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Problem with teams servers is we have 10% the population of live
pretty sure thats an even bigger problem with ffa.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:37 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you are basing everything on min/maxing. arzak is a dev for crying out loud, knows all the values and statistics like colgate knows jousting and he STILL rolled a high elf. i dont think everyone in nilly would roll evil, i really dont. think about how much pixels mean to these people. their avatar in game is just as important. Batlle would look like a little bitch as a dark elf and he knows it. pixels are everything my friend.
I didn't say all Nihi would roll evil, but it's very likely they will all roll on the same team if they get to choose their team.

My ideas are just meant to eliminate the largest flaw in team based PvP servers.

When on SZ, evils were the obvious choice though. Evil contained all the best PvP and PvE classes. Lights got screwed with no necros or SKs. So what ended up happening was there was 1 very strong team, 1 strongish team and 1 whooping boy team. People eventually left the latter team for another team(usually evil) or just quit.

It reached a point where my guild wouldn't even bother to PvP the lights because of pitty or lack of challenge.
Last edited by Jepaxis; 07-28-2013 at 09:46 PM..
Old 07-28-2013, 09:37 PM
Sarnak

I like 3 teams based on alignment of course.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

teams are to eliminate the largest flaw with ffa.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:38 PM
Sarnak

I'm 100% down for 3 teams, but not sure the population would support it. Even if pop jumps to 250 at peak times, that's only 83ish people on each team divided up across however many zones. Now, if 2 boxing were legal I would jizz all over this server, but I don't think there's enough population for 3 teams as is.

- Have a low IQ
- Got caught trying to impress people here by lying about being a combat medic in Afghanistan
- Got cheated on by your girlfriend with your bff, cried about it on your LiveJournal and posted her personal info on the internet
- Fat
- Hated as much off the internet as you are on it apparently, since you managed to get the shit beaten out of you near death by some random people in a bar for being.. well, you
Old 07-28-2013, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

can we really use population as a con? can we get a nilly dkp list plz. need to prove a point.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:39 PM
Banned

Whats the point of a thread like this unless there is an agenda for another server? Or is it just another Amelinda-style thread where ideas get batted around for 6 months until the thread is put out to pasture? Maybe Rogean demands that the GMs get a certain amount of page views in their respective forums every month like a cop needing to get enough tickets...

Regardless, whatever the makeup of the server is, I'd play on Nizzarrs team (side) because you cannot compete with something that has no outside world communication that it is almost like playing with the undead. Once you get Battle, Tune, and the other 350 days /played crew up there, it's pretty much a lock at them recruiting a zerg and despite thousands of deaths to players, they will still acquire pixels.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:40 PM
Planar Protector

If the box sucks the pop won't grow - like it is now. TZ ruled.
Closed Thread