Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im a single hobbit in the world of norrath.
We could totally get EQ married! Now that is classic :P

Red99
Old 07-28-2013, 11:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only if classic is a synonym for totally lame.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

a lot of jelly, even if faerie is a bearded man id probably hit it.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone remember the epic "red wedding" on rz? lol
Old 07-28-2013, 11:21 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a lot of jelly, even if faerie is a bearded man id probably hit it.
<33

Red99
Banned

Quote:
The balance is already screwed up, with Nihi doing all of the pve uncontested. What's the harm in trying if the worst case scenario is the one we're already in?
Thats because the server wasnt booted right. Nihilum was allowed to get miles of advance as the pop dwindled and their focus was on PVE anyway so they kept playing and getting more gear. Xp loss in pvp was removed too late, xp got cut among that, server didnt get a chance to recover properly. Thats like a bonsai growing all fucked up because of how it got started. I think people got bored that pvp had such a harsh penalty to partake in it and made them leave. People couldnt contest the zerg, server dwindled. It was patched, but people had left.

If the server is going to be wiped and we get a fresh start, I think our best bet would be an FFA server without xp loss straight off the bat so no zerg is allowed the kind of stranglehold it was allowed to get on red99 1.0

The harm in trying is screwing up the chance to redo the whole 2011 launch again, right this time, with guards that work and no xp loss in pvp.

Im not dismissing teams alltogether, but i havent read something that makes me say "This could work" yet. With FFA if a team gets too powerful, people can do something about it. In hardcoded teams, the only solution is to get new people to play the server, which we all know is super easy to accomplish. With FFA you can reshuffle the teams once in a while.
Banned

Quote:
I thought you were already married? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He's obviously a mormon.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:22 PM
Orc

Nihilum is team A. They have no interest in killing each other because they can kill everyone else.
Team B consists of all of the other guilds who can kill each other, and team A. So while team A kills all the spawns team B is busy fighting itself so they cannot stop team A.

On a team server you are forced into only being able to attack your opposing team. It eliminates the ability of team B to cannibalize itself.

Two teams also allows for GM intervention in the form of some sort of bonus to attract new players to the losing side.
Planar Protector

add me to fb faerie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] the p99ers on their are hilarious (sadly not many from red)
Planar Protector

Zero teams.

Personally I would want to be on the ogre team.

I don't think the game divides well in any way into any number of fixed teams. It would just mean an already small server would have permanent divides. Power is very attractive and it would mean at least eventually there would almost certainly be a team anyone wanting raid gear would join. Yeah there would be some contrary folks but the main thing teams encourages is griefing of the opposing team.

The only layout that kinda makes sense is qeynos vs Freeport since they both get a dragon but Freeport is way closer to guk and Sol which are key areas. Maybe the shire vs Freeport would work.

I don't think locking people into the losing team would really do anything good. Its easy enough to re roll.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread