Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 11:38 PM
Kobold

HoN is garbage, League is pretty fun, Smite crushes both.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:41 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Going to download it tonight and see if it suits my tastes. I hope at least some of the 10 available heroes are interesting. Thread made me start up HoN again and I've been having a blast for the past week, it'll be interesting to compare the two.
league has changed a TON since i first played it, add knuckle and ill make a smurf account to play with you
Old 07-29-2013, 12:13 AM
Kobold

Get out of the minor leagues. Dota2 is the majors. What other game has a prize pool of 2 and half million dollars. None. Oh and when you start dota you get more than ten heroes by about 92 more playables. Seriously Kagatob coming from a old LoL player you really should.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:04 AM
Banned

I don't care about prizes for games, I have a job.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaunte [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's like comparing BF3 with any of the newer Call of Duty series. It's retarded.
What's Battlefield 3?
Old 07-29-2013, 03:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soandso [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Get out of the minor leagues. Dota2 is the majors. What other game has a prize pool of 2 and half million dollars. None. Oh and when you start dota you get more than ten heroes by about 92 more playables. Seriously Kagatob coming from a old LoL player you really should.
IIRC League's prize pool last year was 5 million.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/l...ion-prize-pool

Found the first source that jumped out at me in two seconds, you can look for more if you want.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreynert [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IIRC League's prize pool last year was 5 million.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/l...ion-prize-pool

Found the first source that jumped out at me in two seconds, you can look for more if you want.
Was going to say 2.5 million is half of what League was LAST year. This year it's going to be closer to 10 million total. DoTA is alright, but no where near as popular as League anymore.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was going to say 2.5 million is half of what League was LAST year. This year it's going to be closer to 10 million total. DoTA is alright, but no where near as popular as League anymore.
and for good reason. league has streamlined everything to the point where joining a game and actually getting it started is so smooth that dota2/hon cloned it's start-up process.

none of the champions in league are game breakingly OP, and they're constantly tweaking things to keep it balanced.

and i still LOL every time someone brings up denying as an added level of strategy. killing your own units to win is an insane requirement.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:23 PM
Banned

Played 5 rounds last night.

Round 1: Got my ass kicked as Ashe (fucking around with controls learning items etc.) team still somehow won. Kept trying to deny when I should of went full rambo because the other team was a pile of pussies. Finished 3/5 or 3/6

Round 2: Played Diana thinking she'd be like the Moon Queen (Boy was I wrong) I did alright, spent most of the round pushing to a good early start, we got out carried in the end though. Finished 6/8 ish

Round 3: Fizz, decided to go full rambo for the hell of it and built anything with hp/mana regen and cooldown reduction. Went 9/2 or 9/3 and the game was over in under 20 minutes which disappointed me because I wanted to see how I'd do against a built up carry.

Round 4: Fiddlesticks, We had a good support on the team so there was constant ward coverage. Ganked the fuck out of their jungle, another short game. Would of went X/0 but I got cocky in their base.

Round 5: Tried Ashe again and went rambo carry this time, early game went a hell of a lot better than in round 1 but I ended up getting out carried/itemized. My team was very uncommunicative and I got zero suggestions on how to endgame. Is lvl 18 the maximum level? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Impressions: Some people say this game is the streamlined version of HoN/DotA, some people say WoW is the streamlined version of EQ. I think you know where I'm going with this.
It seems like every hero or 'champion' gets 4 activated abilities and only one passive and every fight turns into a dumpfest. Once you get the system down every game ends up being the same thing having much less to do with the macrostrategy and more to do with individual hero battles. No penalties for death makes ganking much less of a necessity because it puts that much smaller a dent into anyone's farming strategy.

I can see how some people can like it, but like I said, WoW vs EQ. I'm an EQ player. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and i still LOL every time someone brings up denying as an added level of strategy. killing your own units to win is an insane requirement.
Compare to:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and i still EQ every time someone brings up traveling as an added level of immersion. Waiting up to half an hour for a boat to go to a zone that might already be full is an insane requirement.
Strategy is strategy much like immersion is immersion. You can't have your cake and eat it too bud. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-29-2013, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagatob [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Impressions: Some people say this game is the streamlined version of HoN/DotA, some people say WoW is the streamlined version of EQ. I think you know where I'm going with this.
considering that DotA2/HoN came out of league of legneds, it's kinda hard to tell where you're going with this. are you saying that the predecessor is better? i can agree.

or maybe you just understood the usage of the acronym LOL.
Last edited by Samoht; 07-29-2013 at 02:42 PM..
Closed Thread