Kobold

Warriors are garbage.
65 Ogre Shaman
70 Erudite Paladin
85 Wood Elf Bard/Dark Elf Enchanter
Old 08-16-2013, 09:39 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You re-roll a cleric or wizard and ditch the worthless paladin.
Very helpful, thanks.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by planeofdreams [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Very helpful, thanks.
I prefer PALLIES over any other tank, but that's just. E ^-^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 08-16-2013, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

The issues with larger groups, including Chell's crazy 3-rogue group, are finding a place that can support them + having steady pulls without losing all of the DPS a puller can contribute because he is just pulling constantly.

The majority of the time on p99, a 4-person or smaller group is going to work much better than a full group will.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:41 AM
Planar Protector

Personally I don't mind really slow leveling, as long as there is something else to do other than grind - like <gasp> questing. I am not talking wow-style kill 7 wolves type quests, but general idea on being on some semi-important quest where your primary goal is to quest, and all quest objects are level-appropriate, then XP will slowly accumulate without you noticing.

Of course, questing is something EQ never really had...

You either:
1. have this stupid newbie quest where you need to kill a uncommon lev 15-20 named and get a rusty long sword as reward and a few copper
2. You turn in bat wings for xp and faction...
3. few occasional quests that start with - kill this lev 5 mob, and then please kill this lev 40 mob (when you level up a month later)
4. the epic quests (and similar) which are really in short supply and require more grind/poopsucking than anything else.

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.
Last edited by Kika Maslyaka; 08-17-2013 at 12:51 AM..
Old 08-17-2013, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

Feh. The A in AA stands for Awesome. Both of them.

Apart from the hellishness, 51-60 weren't that bad.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
4. the epic quests (and similar) which are really in short supply and require more grind/poopsucking than anything else.
What class are you? Have you ever even done an epic quest?

Almost none of them involve ANY grinding (and doing stuff like grinding faction for shaman epic is doable while XPing anyways, so you can hardly complain), and while several of them do require raid-mob kills that you can't get without being in TMO or socking, even those epic quests are mostly NOT grinding or poopsocking.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:31 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1-50 is a glorious ride, doesn't even feel like grinding. Getting to 50 was fun but going from 50-60 is terrible.

I dont know how they could have done things better, I'm not creative just calling it like it is- shit. And its a shame that they turned EQ into such a level grindfest.

I wish there was a vanilla only server. 1-50.

Don't level past 50, or use kunark items. Problem solveddddddddddd.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Banned

I don't understand why they went with such a large level gap right off the bat. They would have done better to cap it at 55 in Kunark and tune content appropriately, and then cap it at 60 during Velious and leave content as it was.

I think that given the fact they switched to a +5 per cap increase down the road it was either not thought out properly, or they were just playing a raw numbers game to try to add as many spells/abilities/levels as they could to help sell Kunark when it came out.

I've never read anything official from Sony about why it was +10 and was later changed to +5 level increases.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flank [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If they had kept level max at 50, Everquest would've died in 2000. No new content would cause the game to be boring pretty quick. I don't know what the max level got to in live, I got a Paladin to 85 and though they went a little overboard with expansions, you have to have new content to please people, and that includes raising level caps.
The level cap doesn't need to be raised to add new content.
Closed Thread