Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 05:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but they wont be looking forward to luclin.....
Nope, but Nilbog already talked about doing custom content that is in style of classic.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:23 AM
Planar Protector

I like raiding on P99.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope, but Nilbog already talked about doing custom content that is in style of classic.
which no one is going to hang around for 3 years waiting on.....lol
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 09-14-2013, 08:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think this server currently has a big enough staff capable of enforcing the current rules on this server, as evidenced by such things as FTE shouts being implemented, training still being allowed in VP 2 + years after kunark release, and the generally chaotic atmosphere on the server during raids or even in primetime exp zones.

There are people regularly breaking server rules going unpunished, and its getting old. Furthermore I think releasing velious prior to hammering out any problems with kunark would be detrimental to the box in general.

I mean who wants to log on when they have limited time to begin with, and there's a risk they will be trained repeatedly without any hope for recourse. If you aren't a solo class p99 becomes much more difficult because you end up having to rely on groups. When you are reliant on others, it takes time to get exp flowing, and you will be very disappointed when you put that time in only to have your session ruined by some asshole who trains without hesitation (intentionally or not) because there are no repercussions.

Sure, there was training on live which may have at times been inevitable. But repeatedly and blatantly training people was something that always went enforced on live.

Ps, I would support new GMs who's sole purpose was enforcing the servers rules fairly across guild lines, and one who displayed consistency with their decisions. There are many instances in the past where rules/rulings are changed and reversed on the fly or instances of one GM saying one thing and another GM saying something that is the complete opposite. Stuff like this needs to be minimalized, especially considering the level of trust amongst players for server staff members following past GM's indiscretions. Not trying to take a shot at any current GMs here but from what I've seen lately they have their plates full, p99 blue could probably use another 2 gms. One could be dedicated to raiding enforcement while the other handles enforcement of rules in any other situations. Of course this is an entirely different discussion altogether. This is just my observations of the current situation regaring the servers rules, suprisingly in terms of raiding AND non-raiding situations.

For example, I mean just 2 weeks ago I watched a monk train a guildy 4 times (3 of which caught on fraps) blatantly intentionally, petition was made and fraps submitted. Gm response was that fraps isn't used as evidence by gms when trying to determine if a train was intentional. This is the exact opposite of what another GM regularly states in situations identical to this one. Perhaps current GMs are like too compartmentalized, because it seems on this occasion they were in direct contradiction of one another.

I just really hope some kind of reform is made in regards to enforcement of rules and consistency of rules before velious drops, otherwise it is going to be utter anarchy there.
lol i liked seeing your edit for fact checking.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 09-14-2013, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissdu64 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
p99 raiding isn't broken
Close, but no cigar. To be truly :classic: you must say:

Quote:
p99 raiding is working as intended
Old 09-14-2013, 09:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
which no one is going to hang around for 3 years waiting on.....lol
Oh yah what other mmo will you play instead? They all suck compared to old eq
Old 09-14-2013, 10:12 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by porigromus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh yah what other mmo will you play instead? They all suck compared to old eq
My irony meter just exploded
Old 09-14-2013, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Only read the title. Very accurate, but P1999 itself is nothing like classic. Just the setting.....

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 09-14-2013, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like raiding on P99.
Love the new sig,

Jeremy irons, Bruce lee?, Tom Dubois possessed by stinkmeaner, bevis christ, gangstalicious, and is that mayor gubbin at the end?

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 09-14-2013, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[Zuranthium;1453395]
The people who invented the first space ships were brilliant. That doesn't mean anybody should actually want to use them 200 years later. Ideas are limited by means of execution. Everquest has amazing ideas that need to be completely reworked in their execution, in order for classic Everquest as it was envisioned to actually exist and continue to be relevant as things have evolved.
Closed Thread