Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 01:02 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People be going crazy. Even if they implemented the classic UI its likely over 50% of players would just press F10 and switch out.

Nobody wants hardcore "classic" really. It might be fun to try for an hour, but people are lazy. Laziness = 80k cleric MQs, and MQ sales are rife. Keep the status quo.
No way, I want hardcore classic, and I'm sure there are others. One of the things I think would be great is if the devs eventually found ways to FORCE things like this so that people who want to be lazy have to go do it elsewhere. Classic or bust bros. Break out them spellbooks, it's time to meditate.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:26 PM
Sarnak

I still remember the day and zone that I did my first no-book meditate. Talk about episodic memory...

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 09-23-2013, 01:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiddlywinks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No way, I want hardcore classic, and I'm sure there are others. One of the things I think would be great is if the devs eventually found ways to FORCE things like this so that people who want to be lazy have to go do it elsewhere. Classic or bust bros. Break out them spellbooks, it's time to meditate.
You'll be pleased to note you can still open your spellbook while meditating. I assume you'll always do this from now on.

Also, a dude.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still remember the day and zone that I did my first no-book meditate. Talk about episodic memory...
Same here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-23-2013, 02:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCB [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You'll be pleased to note you can still open your spellbook while meditating. I assume you'll always do this from now on.
^ ^
Originally -
Reiguy of Fennin Ro
Tyvix Rex of Sullon Zek.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:43 PM
Banned

Stinkum consistently great with thiS style of thread
Old 09-23-2013, 02:52 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sol B, it was a Saturday, King Room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuklak
Me too (CT, in the courtyard, prolly Aug of '99). I sat down and meditate skill went up and I asked my group what that was all about. I didn't know you didn't need a book open after 35.
Last edited by Raavak; 09-23-2013 at 03:02 PM..
Old 09-23-2013, 03:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sol B, it was a Saturday, King Room.
lol

"The air was heavy that day... but soon I noticed a sort of a shift. As if the sky cleared up... I seemed to breathe deeper.

And my mind, it was quiet.

I reached a new level of consciousness at that brief instant in time."

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 09-23-2013, 06:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCB [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Absurd. The things you attribute in this post as "Classic EQ" are a mix of failed intent and hardware limitations.

I've heard of rose-colored glasses, but dude you're wearing full-on goggles.
You guys are just rationalizing around the issue. Item linking, the number of hotkeys available, night blindness changes, and every other little thing that came later had nothing to do with hardware limitations. Spell book medding had nothing to do with fucking hardware limitations. It's how classic EQ was designed for reasons known only to the original devs. I don't necessarily like all of those things, personally, but like it or not, that's how the original game was designed and what we had to play with. And, yes, those things all contributed to slowing the game down overall. Your interpretation of what was intended or not is meaningless. I'm talking about what was actually there versus what wasn't. Not what anyone thinks should have been there or not.

We got spell sets later, too. And in-game maps. And 12 hotkeys. And a "find" function. And custom chat channels. Or shared bank. Why can't we have all of that too? Hey, while we are at it, why do we have hybrid group exp penalties? They changed that later, too, right? Coin should be weightless and you should be able to die and respawn with your items, too, right? Hey, why don't we get mercs? They changed all of that later, didn't they?

You guys want to have it both ways and then say MY logic is flawed. Laff Out Loud.

Nobody is arguing that there wasn't stupid shit in the original game design. But that's not the issue. To jump up and down insisting that the Trillogy client is somehow inappropriate on a server that will never go beyond those expansions and where the stated goal is to recreate that era while simultaneously insisting that features that came with later clients are, is the very definition of absurd.

Something is either classic or it isn't. Period.