Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 05:13 PM
Sarnak

Default Emerald Dream vs Rebirth Classic WoW Servers

I have read good and bad about both servers. What are everyone's opinions? Is Emerald Dream really poorly developed compared to Rebirth? What is Rebirth's population like? I have tried Emerald Dream but not the latter. I haven't reached end level yet on Emerald Dream but everything seems okay, especially the population. I do notice a lot of lag though and some things are a little buggy.
Old 09-29-2013, 07:44 PM
Aviak

Rebirth is a much better server in terms of development, however it has about 1/10 the population emerald dream does, maybe even less.
Old 09-30-2013, 04:38 AM
Fire Giant

As someone who played the first few months of Rebirth and has been playing the last year or so on ED here's my little pros/cons list

Rebirth

I don't have experience with raid content there, the top-end population simply couldn't support it horde side when I was playing.

Pros:

Fixes came quick. The server was very broken at the start, but issues were resolved within days and sometime hours of reporting them.

US based. Low ping is your friend, I suppose this could be a con if you're connecting from EU or Asia.

Cons:

Population. It would spike at times but usually it was a ghost town.

US based! The ping is great but they're very much within Blizzard's reach if the company decided to create some problems.

Emerald Dream

Pros:

Very healthy population. This includes at the end game and leveling, there isn't really a shortage of raid guilds. Not too difficult to find instances while you level, especially if you're playing a tank/healer or proactive about forming a group.

Instances / Raid encounters are properly scripted. People like to shit on feenix for their horrible scripting, and it was probably deserved with their other servers, but ED is pretty top notch. The most non-classic feel you get from them is that they are buffed up a bit to compensate for 1.12 talents.

Cons:

EU based. If you're connecting from the US expect 150-225ms depending on your location and connection.

Content release / fixes seem to come in waves, and it has been quite a while since their last major patch. (Sound familiar?! ;D)

Like with most popular EMUs people love to DDoS the shit out of it. The problem is dealt with when it arises though, haven't had any issues since the server upgrades ~3 weeks ago. When script kiddies do connect though it can last anywhere from an hour to a few days (worst case from my experience)
Old 09-30-2013, 05:10 AM
Banned

Rebirth = Less population, better quality.

Emerald Dream = More population. lesser quality.

You choose.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:15 AM
Banned

as someone that just spent 7 months on ED

Rebirth all day
Old 10-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Sarnak

I have been playing on both a little and do see some improvements on rebirth mob pathing so far versus Emerald Dream but there are still pathing/mobs dropping through the ground issues on both.

Emerald Dream definitely had more lag but granted I am in the US and ED has 10 folds the population of Rebirth. It is probably easier to have less laggy servers when no one is on them.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:09 PM
Sarnak

EDIT: nevermind, found the info i was looking for
Old 10-13-2013, 09:43 PM
Sarnak

Are they ever gonna have BC emu's that move from vanilla > bc patch by patch? I know that ED and possibly Rebirth already unlock raids like that, but they stop at the last patch of vanilla. And do they ever wipe the server or does it just stagnate once guilds start to clear everything?

I get all hyped and wanna play but then I think that most everyone is probably already done with everything and just gearing up char number whatever or making a shitload of lowbie twinks, it really takes the wind from my sails :/

Project 1999 Red
Old 10-13-2013, 09:58 PM
Banned

hey hey happytrees the old flower
Closed Thread