Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wrong, I have never said I was "awesome".

Your troll skill has gone up +1 though.
/clap Glad you figured it out. I thought you'd caught on earlier in the thread but then you played the Wife, Job, 'I WAS PRO ON LIVE', and 'I HAVE NOTHING TO PROVE' cards, among others, and I face-palmed. I face-palmed hard.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could anyone have predicted that a thread with such an innocuous title as "Why aren't rogues top DPS?" would have turned into such an unbearable shitstorm?
Lol. I'm going to clear a few things up, since Loke's curious.

I have the parse in question, it's a full hate clear.

For comparison, my high parse on muzyn's program is 36 in hate, and I don't think any of our monks or rogues have beat that. We aren't as well-geared as IB/DA though, I'd figure ya'll's rogues would be up around there or 40 on good days, with the same program. I usually parse just under 30 if I'm not pulling. I'm also usually with a bard so I have max str as a monk. Our decently geared rogues parse 25-30.

Yesterday, same mob (as the one that did 65 on august 1st), 46 DPS. We'd been charming something different before that, which was 35-45. One parse was as low as 30, but 4-5 parses at 40 and none others below 35, several above 40. I thought I would compete with the enchies soon till they tried this one [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.](

Can we skip the part where the div ench nitpicks and points out that Shewz' claim covers more of the high end, and just agree that ench pets do a shit ton more damage than anything else?
Old 08-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks for the info Ennui - just wanted to know what zone the numbers were coming from and what not so I can compare. Appreciate the reply [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-10-2010, 12:44 AM
Banned

guineapig is annoying as hell. after you spend enough time here you'll get used to it and learn to just ignore him.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:58 AM
Planar Protector

You know there was nothing wrong with this thread until the trolls came in and started shitting all over it with how leet their skillz were. It was a nice civil discusion before that. Course we can't have that now can we?
Old 08-10-2010, 02:17 AM
Banned

this thread should have been over in one reply.

Rogues are not the best DPS right now. When Kunark comes out they will become ridiculously better.

Wait it out, and it will be worth it. Until then.....have fun !
Old 08-10-2010, 03:10 AM
Sarnak

The mob they're referring to is Cleric of Innoruuk.

There are certain caster mob types that, when out of mana, have an absurdly high attack power compared to regular melee mobs. Cleric of Innoruuk is one of these.

Try this out -

Charm a dar ghoul knight, throw it at a Bloodthirsty. Observe the damage it deals and how long it takes to kill it.

Next, charm a kor ghoul wizard. Run it oom, do the same thing.

Do this for many, many hours, if you like. I can tell you what happens, though - the kor ghoul wizard pumps out a lot more damage than the dar, even though both mobs are in the same level range. Dars are typically 39-43, whereas kors are 41-42.

Caster mobs take more damage and have lower health values, but this rarely matters in a raid, or for an enchanter for that matter.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal-Elf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this thread should have been over in one reply.

Rogues are not the best DPS right now. When Kunark comes out they will become ridiculously better.

Wait it out, and it will be worth it. Until then.....have fun !
Except that's wrong. Geared rogues are the best melee dps in the game.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:41 PM
Sarnak

Athiyk wins!
Old 08-10-2010, 01:44 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Trimm

Whats individual class DPS matter anyway when there are 45 people killing a boss? Just sayin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Closed Thread